Prime Rib Thanksgiving Prep Meat......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I really love your addiction! That sandwich dunked in au jus looked awesome too!

Ryan

Way to go Civil, Those meals look perfect. I've got one in a deep freeze waiting till warmer weather. Probably close to 4 months out before cooking.

Chirs

Man it all looks great!! That plate with the thick slice though makes my moth water. I have a few of these in the freezer. Definitely on the Christmas menu.

I really love your addiction! That sandwich dunked in au jus looked awesome too!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan!
Way to go Civil, Those meals look perfect. I've got one in a deep freeze waiting till warmer weather. Probably close to 4 months out before cooking.

Chirs
Thanks GMC! We opted for this over going to get burgers this week.....
You're killin' it Civil!!
Many thanks gator! Just having fun on my days off!

Man it all looks great!! That plate with the thick slice though makes my moth water. I have a few of these in the freezer. Definitely on the Christmas menu.
Much appreciated jcam! It was mouth watering for sure!

So here is today’s......bingo IT 135
2945AB31-1B85-457A-87D3-23849211A5A3.jpeg

after resting in the oven for 40 min at 140....the little bit is sugar gave it just a little richer bark color!
0D734D54-E667-40C7-AD04-854FD2410F14.jpeg

I call this pic the PR wings of heaven......
9218B65A-B436-481B-844C-E5F3C50C4E47.jpeg

round two, didn’t have baby onions so just some sweet slivers to go with the baby Bella’s. Just a note on re-warming mash the second day....in a non-stick pan and a silicone scraper, mid low heat and fold with a bit of heavy cream, it will make them 96% first day.....
05EFC07F-C7F8-4A14-9754-F2E3F705F2F1.jpeg

Ok I’m ready for a turkey dinner now!
BE90D002-CBDC-4521-B795-11C7CBF94168.jpeg

Just loving the new RT-1250! It just works! 3 for 3 PR proven......LOL

Dude, you're killing me! Do they have a drooling emoticon? Very nice!

Ryan

Looks delicious. Wife's birthday in Sat and we will do a standing rib roast. I'm new at smoking so she probably wont let me smoke it.

Dude, you're killing me! Do they have a drooling emoticon? Very nice!

Ryan
Sorry, like a kid in the candy store and like I said the plan was to go get burgers tonight but the wife added it up and it was less $$ to do this again.......no complaints here......oh and since we are home vs being out the Christmas tree is getting decorated early!

Looks delicious. Wife's birthday in Sat and we will do a standing rib roast. I'm new at smoking so she probably wont let me smoke it.
Thanks N! Good luck and best to not experiment on the wife’s B-day.....that’s playing with fire......oven cooked PR is tops too!

All Looks Awesome, Civil !!
I only ever met 2 Prime Ribs I didn't like, and they were at Restaurants a long time ago!
All of Yours Look Outstanding.
Like.

Bear

All Looks Awesome, Civil !!
I only ever met 2 Prime Ribs I didn't like, and they were at Restaurants a long time ago!
All of Yours Look Outstanding.
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear! I'm with ya on PR, its really hard to not like but like you I've had a few at restaurants that didn't live up.....

I recently changed how I cook PR to this very simple approach (the holding at temp being the key) and I'm really pleased with the results, it is now how I will do them from now on!
That’s awesome!
Perfectly cooked for us!
And that Sammie is off the charts!
Al
Thanks Al!

Now we get PR crackers and cheese and another sammie to round out the prep for turkey day!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky