Prime rib - smoke roasted on the spit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man oh Man edmonds edmonds ! I would instantly be your best friend and do dishes for a week for a slice of that. I LOVE LOVE fire roast beef! Very NICE!

Man oh Man edmonds edmonds ! I would instantly be your best friend and do dishes for a week for a slice of that. I LOVE LOVE fire roast beef! Very NICE!
Looks killer. Nice set up too
Wow, that looks fantastic!
Looks awesome! I love the pit! Great work!
Really excellent, Steve!! Everything from start to finish is perfect, nice work...
Looks great, but I would like an end cut, but that's just me.
That's a great view while smoking
David
Perfect !
Man that looks fantastic
My first thought looking at this was, "This Guy knows what he's doing." Excellent color and cooked perfectly. I've been spinning RR and other stuff. Loving it. Great job.
That looks phenomenal! Really cool cooking setup also!
That looks delish! Wow! I, too, love your grill and spinner!
That about sums it up. :emoji_thumbsup:
Great looking cook and plate! I'm loving the background you got there too!
Jim
Looks good. Nice setup.
Rob
What a fun setup to spin a rib roast on! Awesome looking cook!
Looks awesome all around. That Santa Maria is killer especially with the backdrop you have.
Everything looks delicious!
Spectacular! Looks delicious.

Don
That roast is freaking gorgeous, and those slices!
Those slices look so perfectly pink, they just about scream, "EAT ME!"
And that Santa Maria grill is a fine looking machine too, hell, it even makes the crusty ol'geezer standing next to it look handsome. J/K :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
That looks perfect, edmonds edmonds ! As you know, I am hooked on open fire rotisserie cooked beef. Best way to cook a roast beef in my humble opinion. Beautiful!

Thanks everyone.
It was a really fun cook. The santa maria is a versatile cooker and turns out some good food.
This rib roast was one of the best I've had. The meat was so soft that it almost melted in the mouth. Sometimes the old ways - like open fire spit roasting - are hard to beat.

6 lb rib roast from Publix ($7/lb), dry brined 2 days, then rubbed and impaled on a spit.
Spun over red oak, starting at about 375F and down to 300 towards end.
Cooked to IT of 130F (total of 1.75 hours), rested 20-30 min, then seared.
Made gravy but didn't use.
Potatoes roasted in embers (no foil) and side of salad.
Mighty fine.

View attachment 662611

View attachment 662612

View attachment 662613

View attachment 662614

View attachment 662615

View attachment 662616

View attachment 662617

View attachment 662618

Thanks for looking.
looks sooo good. I really like your real wood spit. Points for the ZATTARAINS !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky