Prime Rib Roast via Bearcarver methods

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texomakid

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 6, 2017
Lake Texoma
Yep, I'm digging through recipes and methods and I leaned heavy Bearcarver Bearcarver for ribeye roast.

This is one I cooked several weeks ago. Was actually planning to spin this one buy I'm working on Ah Ju skills and I opted for the pan version. This is a $5.99/lbs select special from the local Brookshires. I prepped as per Bear's many beautiful roast with some Lea & Perrins and a nice application of SPOG (via Killer Hogs AP rub.) The results were amazing.
4E85FAF3-38AB-4289-A314-5982934C4D4F_1_201_a.jpeg

66B0C014-9A0B-42C9-A084-5A96ED25D94B_1_201_a.jpeg

Now this little jewel I cooked last night. Again, the ole' $5.99/lbs special that I had cut some steaks off of when I purchased it and we froze this chunk. I figured I'd give it a whirl. Nice slow smoke of Hickory, Cherry, & Maple and then I did a sear on the gas grill before resting and serving. Same prep as before because it works - The Bearcarver method works well. I still haven't found the thick steak sauce but the standard Lea & Perrins works great. Again, I used Malcom Reeds AP rub for the SPOG (this stuff is good) Other than getting just a little carried away on the sear (maybe a few too many adult beverages?) it too was amazing.
IMG_5123.jpeg

9E3F6F6F-E86A-42A6-8E4B-40092950DA78_1_201_a.jpeg

Roasted veggies is our staple in trying to eat better/healthier? All I know is they are an easy and tasty addition to most meals. We love 'em.
I laugh about being the guy who plates on paper vs. all the beautifully plated food everyone else post here so my wife (who's charcuterie trays are second to none) is helping out the side order cook (me) to up his game.

I'm making good progress on Ah Ju. I'm close to what I'm wanting and last night the Ah Ju really accented the meat.

The prime is just spot on when cooked like this. Thanks to Bearcarver Bearcarver for sharing your knowledge and thanks for looking.

That's looking real nice from where I'm sitting Tx, maybe a little horseradish on the side, Like. RAY

Nice Looking Prime Rib, Randy!!
Those Roasted Veggies Look Mighty Tasty Too!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

PR looks just dandy Randy. Bear does have a way with PR.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks everyone for the likes and kind words.

Keep those smokers rolling!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky