PRIME RIB (Properly Tasted!!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Beautiful!  great looking prime ribs!  My wife came by and was looking over my shoulder and started making noises about wanting me to do one...

Thanks for sharing it!

Mmm...nice Bear!  That is a beautiful plate!  We love PR!  Glad to hear your taste buds are returning.

Red
Thank You Much, Red

Bear
OMGOODNESS!  That is one beautiful plate you have there.  Bet you were in "hawg heaven" eating on that!

Kat
Thanks Kat !!

Yes I was----My Son smoked a couple Butts the other day, and gave me some Pulled Pork. It tasted great, so I knew it was time for a Prime Rib !!

Bear
Looks fantastic Bear! now ya got me going, I have one in the freezer that just may be coming out this weekend
Thanks Uncle!!

Don't wait too long---They take 2 or 3 days to thaw in the fridge!
biggrin.gif

Bear
drool.gif
Man-O Man....That is a nice looking plate. I'm glad your taste buds are returning to normal. I can almost smell it and taste it from here. $4.99 a pound WOW it is $11.00 a pound here and not a prime cut.

Happy smoken.

David
Thanks David!!!

Last 3 years in a row, the week before Christmas finds "Giant" selling "Choice" Standing Rib Roasts for $4.99 lb.

Bear

OMG Bear that looks beautiful!!! And as always, love the details on your posts!!

drool.gif

Suie
Thanks Suie!!

It's a little harder concentrating than it used to be, but like "Larry" says, "You gotta Git 'er Done!!"

Bear
Wawaweewa! Looks great!
Thanks AT !!!

Last 3 years, week before Christmas, Giant has Standing Rib Roast "Choice" for $4.99 lb.

Last time I got 70 pounds of it!! That was Christmas of 2011-----I have one left.

Bear
Yum, looks great.    Glad you getting better
Thank You Neighbor!!

Bear
How far is Macungie from Kittanning, Bearcarver? I'm on my way! Dang that looks tasty!!
Thanks Smoke!!!

Must be about 300 Miles.

Bear
look great from here Bear!!
Thank You Redneck !!!

Bear

Looks Perfect! I'm sure your taste buds approved!
Thank You!!

Bear
Oh, how sweet it is......beautifully done and I see we like about the same size cut...lol. And congrats on making the Facebook thingy.....Willie
Thanks Willie!!!

Yup---I always get between 5 and 6 pounders.

I'm honored, but I guess I don't get to see it---One thing I don't do is "Facebook".

Bear
So why was the roast marked down so much? I can't find one for less than 3x that usually.
Every year, the week before Christmas is $4.99LB.

Bear
Had the hate of food too after heart surgery and lost 50 lbs in 6 weeks. YUK Finally came back so I know how you feel and I am glad it happened for you.

Food looks great. Hope you were able to fully enjoy.
Thank You Nub!!!

Went in Hosp at 6' 3"---- 234.

The 12 days in intensive care actually blew me up to 257

Came home after 28 days dehydrated to 201. Back to 230 now.

Bear

Bear that is some good looking Prime right there, hold on gettting a napkin to wipe the drool..... and of course the details of how you did this is great. Thanks for sharing.

SS

What an excellent welcoming party for them smell and taste senses.... I wo I ld be in heaven to have that plate (yours.. the big'n)

Beautiful!  great looking prime ribs!  My wife came by and was looking over my shoulder and started making noises about wanting me to do one...

Thanks for sharing it!
Thank You Tucson!!!

Get one going---Easiest smoke I ever do (PR).

Bear
I'm not a big beef guy, but that looks so good I have to try it.

Thanks
Thanks Rob!!!

You'd love it !!

Bear

I sincerely apologize, Bear, but I couldn't help myself - that just looked SO DELICIOUS I had to post it on FB to attract the whole world to find out exactly how you made such a fantastic Rib Roast!  (...and entice new members to SMF!!!)  Thank you so much for your detailed step-by-step and for such a fantastic roast!
[h5] [/h5]
Pops Fassett
[h5]http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/145585/prime-rib-properly-tasted  Does your rib roast look like this? If not, check it out here on SMF! and learn how! By Bearcarver! Excellent post![/h5]

www.smokingmeatforums.com
Prime Rib (Properly Tasted!!)Finally!! My Taste Buds Are Back!! It's been more than 8 months since I lost two of my favorite senses (Smell & Taste). All of that...
Like  ·   · Share  · Promote  · 2 seconds ago  near Fort Worth  · 

I sincerely apologize, Bear, but I couldn't help myself - that just looked SO DELICIOUS I had to post it on FB to attract the whole world to find out exactly how you made such a fantastic Rib Roast!  (...and entice new members to SMF!!!)  Thank you so much for your detailed step-by-step and for such a fantastic roast!
[h5] [/h5]
Pops Fassett
[h5]http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/145585/prime-rib-properly-tasted  Does your rib roast look like this? If not, check it out here on SMF! and learn how! By Bearcarver! Excellent post![/h5]

www.smokingmeatforums.com
Prime Rib (Properly Tasted!!)Finally!! My Taste Buds Are Back!! It's been more than 8 months since I lost two of my favorite senses (Smell & Taste). All of that...
Like  ·   · Share  · Promote  · 2 seconds ago  near Fort Worth  · 
Apologize??? LOL

Thanks Pops---I'm honored !!!

And Thanks for showing me what it looks like, because I don't do FB.

Thanks for the kind words too.

Bear

Looks great.  One of my favorites.
Thanks Mark!!

I love these!

Bear
Wow that looks amazing! I'm new to the smoking thing and can't wait to try making that wonderfull looking roast.
Thank You!!!

I spent 8 weeks at Ft Dix in 1968.

Also 3 days at Dix (1969), waiting for the Big 12,000 mile trip from McGuire AFB.

BTW: Prime Rib is about the easiest smoke I do.

Bear
Great to see you back in the saddle & turning out great food. That does look absolutely perfect. That's one tough gig losing taste & smell ,glad you got back into the game.
Thanks Mick!!!

Good to be back!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky