1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Prime rib on the WSM, boo coo Q-view

Discussion in 'Beef' started by SmokinAl, Apr 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. mballi3011

mballi3011 Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Very nice there Al. For a moment there I thought I was looking at one of my smokes.

2. uncle_lar

uncle_lar Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

that hunk of beef looks excellent!

almost over cooked! LOL

nice Job buddy! thumbs ups![​IMG]

3. [​IMG] give me some horse radish and I could die happy. Looks incredible!

4. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Thanks for all the great comments guys. Steve the au jus was very good. We had a small bowl we dipped each bite in. The great thing is there are 2 more nice slices for tonight. Life is good. Oh and Bear, as you know I follow a mostly vegetarian diet except when I'm smoking. When I have my meat I don't mess it up with veggies!

5. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks good Al! [​IMG]

Knowing Judy likes her meat that rare explains all those photo's of you wearing a turtlekneck and shorts in the middle of the summer, huh? [​IMG]

6. fife

fife Master of the Pit

Looks GREAT from here.

7. porked

porked Smoking Fanatic

Wow Al, you definitely got that roast a rockin'! They are on sale here this week also, and after those pics you know where I'm headin'.

Thanks for the fabulous pics. Sensational post![​IMG]

8. Looks great but too rare for me. I like my meat medium well to well done. At restaurants i usually get medium well because to them well done means you get a piece of natural oak charcoal.

9. scarbelly

scarbelly Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

Man that looks great Al - got my mouth watering

10. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yummy that look good

11. saugeyejoe

saugeyejoe Fire Starter

Wow,  one of my favorites.  Nice job......

12. thebarbequeen

thebarbequeen Smoking Fanatic

Oh Man! I got one on sale this week @ $5.99, cooking it up Wed.  Tell Judy she can come over to my house - that looks perfect, but I take it a bit rarer when it's just for me!  It's okay, all the garlic I use keeps the vampires away.   Cheers!  with a nice big Tuscan or Cab  to you!

13. daveomak

daveomak Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Perfect Al. As long as there is some "twitch" left in 'em they are AOK.   [​IMG]

14. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Thanks guys & gals. We went back to Publix yesterday & bought 3 more, foodsavered them & into the freezer. Judy says they probably won't go on sale again until Christmas. So I guess I better get a generator in case we have a hurricane & loose power, cause the freezer is getting full.

15. lexoutlaw

lexoutlaw Smoke Blower

wow.......i gonna be looking for a sale soon

16. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

Yup---They're on sale here right now at their usual Holiday sale price of $5.99.

The last time they were on sale at 5.99, I bout 4 five pounders.

Then the following week they went to $4.99 !!!!

That's the first time I saw them here for $4.99, since The Duke was pushing longhorns up the Chisum Trail!

Bear

17. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

Looks Awesome...

18. SmokinAl

If they go to $4.99 I'm gonna fill up the freezer.

19. lexoutlaw

lexoutlaw Smoke Blower

just saw a coupon flyer for  my grocer....they r on sale here too...6.99/lb

20. Awesome!! I take it you left the roast in the foil pan during the whole smoke? Did you foil the roast itself or just foil the whole pan with that thing in it?