Prime Rib on the Green Egg

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MSK2193

Fire Starter
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 22, 2021
Dallas area, TX
I dry aged a prime rib for 90 days. It was the first time dry aging that long.
Threw it on the Green Egg for 3 hours with Post Oak smoke and then seared it for a good crust.
We had no idea what to expect, but it turned out incredibly moist and wow what a great flavor.
Ready to throw another one in for 120 days.

Attachments

• tempImagepI9UmG.png
    tempImagepI9UmG.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
Looks real good! Did the aging get to the point of a funky acquired taste? I’ve read on longer aging it passes a point to more of an acquired taste.

Looks real good! Did the aging get to the point of a funky acquired taste? I’ve read on longer aging it passes a point to more of an acquired taste.

There was no funky taste or smell at all. I made sure there was no funky smell before cutting into the roast. Smelled again after removing the pellicle. The aging super tenderized the meat and gave the fat a very nice texture.

Reactions: jcam222
Dang that looks delicious!
The longest I have gone is 45 days, but would be willing to go longer.
Next time, I’ll try 60 days.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky