• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Prime Rib on the Green Egg

MSK2193

★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 22, 2021
I dry aged a prime rib for 90 days. It was the first time dry aging that long.
Threw it on the Green Egg for 3 hours with Post Oak smoke and then seared it for a good crust.
We had no idea what to expect, but it turned out incredibly moist and wow what a great flavor.
Ready to throw another one in for 120 days.

Attachments

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Looks real good! Did the aging get to the point of a funky acquired taste? I’ve read on longer aging it passes a point to more of an acquired taste.

MSK2193

★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 22, 2021
Looks real good! Did the aging get to the point of a funky acquired taste? I’ve read on longer aging it passes a point to more of an acquired taste.
There was no funky taste or smell at all. I made sure there was no funky smell before cutting into the roast. Smelled again after removing the pellicle. The aging super tenderized the meat and gave the fat a very nice texture.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Dang that looks delicious!
The longest I have gone is 45 days, but would be willing to go longer.
Next time, I’ll try 60 days.
Al

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Certainly Looks Great, but Nearly All Prime Ribs tend to do that!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.