Prime rib and kielbasa on the kettle. Advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
Had good success doing a prime rib in the oven last week now I want to try it on the grill. Planning on using the snake method and cooking it hopefully around 225*-250*. Basic SPOG on it. Two questions though. What would be a good wood for this as I plan on cooking fresh kielbasa on with it or will that be too low of a temp for it?would you guys recommend boiling the kielbasa a little ahead of time? Or just cook them completely separate. I might wear the prime rib on my mini kettle before putting it on the kettle also. Any advice?

Snake method should work fine, I would shoot for 225* to keep it rare from end to end. I haven't cooked fresh kielbasa - so not much help there, but I think you should be fine smoking it along side the rib. Hickory is my go to for beef and pork. Good luck and enjoy.

Chris

The Kielbasa will be Fine at 225+/-...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky