Prime Pastrami From Scratch on the Smokin'-It #3

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
drool.gif

Seeing this reminds me I need to brine a brisket this weekend!

You did a good job on both batches, I'll have to go back and look at what you used in your rub. I have some venison back strap I am attempting to make "pastrami" out of. I like the methods that you use, it will always come out consistant that way. High 5 !

dexter

Great Thread, I know this is old, but it convinced me to give it a try. It will be a few weeks before I can give a try. Looking for a  Brisket this weekend. During the brine, you keep it in your Beer Freezer, What temp is that? 

Thanks, I start posting pictures when I pick up the Brisket. I will probably start with one, and go from there. I love pastrami so I am really looking forward to this. 

I determined if I was going to the trouble, I'd just do two...

I suggest you do the same, this stuff is crazy good...and freezes well too!

Dert that there is some fine looking stuff!!

I  a have a question on your rub portions. You said 1 oz. coriander...2oz of tillicherry peppercorns, onion powder and roasted garlic powder. The last three ingredients, is that 2oz. each or combined all three?? I'm gonna try this real soon. Thanks. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky