Present and Accounted For!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by railrunner130, Oct 20, 2011.

1. railrunner130

railrunner130 Fire Starter

Hello All!

I've been toying with various forms of cooking implements for years. My latest toy is a Weber 2820 Smokey Mountain Cooker that my wife got me for my birthday/ Fathers' Day. I swear by Weber products and the latest addition is no exception. Through trial, error, (mostly) dumb luck and a little research, I've done some good ribs, pork tenderloin and smoked one piece of salmon so far.

I've joined this site to expand into other realms. I want to move my roasted red peppers recipe from the grill to the smoker. Living near the Chesapeake, crabs are usually plentiful and I want to do some crabs next summer. Additionally, I found a nice discussion on this site about roasting coffee. I'd like to play around with spaghetti sauce and see what I can accomplish with pizza. I've done pizza on the grill, but want to try to move it to the smoker as well.

2. samuel trachet

samuel trachet Fire Starter

[​IMG]Welcome! I am pretty new here also, but I have found a wealth of info from some really great people. I have done a few things in the smoker that I would of never thought of also. Enjoy the site!

3. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

welcome to your new addiction!!!

Pizza on the smoker is the stuff. Smoked meatballs used in spaghetti adds a whole new flavor.

same w/ chilli .

4. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF!

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]    Glad to have you with us!

6. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
  7. Welcome to SMF Railrunner. Glad to have you aboard.

Plenty of info here and alot of great folks if you need help.

Happy Smokin'

Mike

8. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome aboard!

Good luck and good smoking.

9. railrunner130

railrunner130 Fire Starter

Thanks! The more I delve into this site, the more ideas I get!!!!

I just saw something about corn cobs. I live next to a corn field and it should be harvested soon... More ideas....

10. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF

11. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]