Prep for Baby Backs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AllAces

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
I'm preping a rack of baby back ribs for Monday night dinner. Here's the plan:

Ribs in the fridge overnight with the below listed rub. Monday they go in the MES30 with two hours of smoke to infuse the hickory flavor. Out of the MES, foil for 30-45 minutes. Then onto the Weber for a finishing sear and final mop with the below sauce.

Dead Chicken Cafe
BBQ Ribs

Dry Rub

2 Tablespoons Paprika
2 Tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
Combine all ingredients; coat both sides of ribs; wrap ribs tightly in plastic wrap and in fridge for 24 hours.

Sauce

¾ Cup Catsup
3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Honey
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
¼ Teaspoon Wright's Liquid Smoke
1 Teaspoon Alderwood Smoked Sea Salt
¼ Teaspoon Red Pepper
1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
1 Tablespoon Crystal Lite Lemonade Powder

Combine all Sauce ingredients; Bring to a boil, reduce, simmer for 30 minutes. Use to baste the ribs.

Attachments

• DSC06443.JPG
    DSC06443.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC06444.JPG
    DSC06444.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 13
Dudes, those ribs are out of the smoker, sauced and off the grill, done, eaten and the dog got the bones.
Nice light hickory smoke, good flavor, good bark. Probably not the absolute best ribs I've ever done, but dang good. These were some of the meatest baby backs I've ever had. Served 'em up with some fresh okra from the garden and cabbage. The rub and sauce will get a little tweeking next time; half the salt and a little less garlic powder.
DSC06445.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky