"Premier" Membership Info Recommendation

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

humdinger

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 27, 2012
Shelby Township MI
Ever since joining SMF, I've wondered about the different tags other folks have by their avatar pic. After sorting through different searches, I've slowly learned about how members climb out of "Newbie", through "Smoke Blower", onto "Fire Starter" then "Meat Mopper" and on and on. I've learned about how newbie posts are moderated at first, and I've also learned about The "Order of the Thin Blue Smoke" (OTBS) and what that entails.

But just today I stumbled upon the link needed to learn how to become a "Premier Member", and the first thing I thought is "This info should be 1.) always shown on the homepage. 2.) regularly bumped to the top of the home page daily and 3.) possibly even put into the carousel."

I would have joined months ago if the offer had been presented to me directly, so I think there must be others out there like me who are willing to join if they are given the info.

If you've wondered about a premier membership, it's a great deal for such a great website/forum (about $2 a month average). The details are below (copied from Jeff himself) and I highly recommend to the powers that be that it be added to the homepage somehow.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/payment.php

The payment options are:
  • 1 year ($15)
  • 2 years($25)
  • 3 years ($40)
  • 99 years ($100)
Being a Premier Member gives you a few perks but it also gives you the sense of satisfaction that you are supporting a good thing.

The perks are:
  • Ability to use a custom user title below your username on every post
  • Ability to add commercial or outbound links in your signature
  • Ad free browsing (must be turned off manually in your profile area)

Humdinger, Thanks for sharing this info. You're right, the Premier Membership info should have a prominent place on the home page. I'll pass your suggestion on to the Boss.

Hey Dutch, no problem. You guys always doa  good job with thuings on this site and I hope I wasn't coming off as preach-y, I just saw an opportunity for more folks to show their support for SMF if they could see the link on the homepage.

Hope it helps.

Took me a while to find it as well, had to end up sending a PM to find it because the old threads pointed to a different location. Great thing, I've learned a lot here and have no problem supporting the site to see it stick around.

Thank you for your post!!!!  I've been meaning to do this, but been too lazy to do the research.  Though I don't post much, I'm on this forum constantly.  Supporting this site is a no-brainer!

The support is important to keep this Friendly and informative site going...JJ

I tried for a 2 year membership but it wont take my money 

I dont do pay pal so maybe that's the the problem 

I'll figure it out when I have more time and help from my friends at SMF

Last edited:
I tried for a 2 year membership but it wont take my money 

I dont do pay pal so maybe that's the the problem 

I'll figure it out when I have more time and help from my friends at SMF
Maybe Jeff can set it up where it will allow you to pay with credit cards, I know he takes CC's on Smoking-Meat.com.

I'm happy to see that this thread post is generating a few more supporters. In addition to having tons of good info, I'm just happy I have someplace to go to discuss smoking meats and things. Sometimes I can tell that the friends and family tune me out when I get too long winded about smoking.
blah.gif
 They sure come runnin' when the dinner bell rings though! LOL

I'm happy to see that this thread post is generating a few more supporters. In addition to having tons of good info, I'm just happy I have someplace to go to discuss smoking meats and things. Sometimes I can tell that the friends and family tune me out when I get too long winded about smoking.
blah.gif
 They sure come runnin' when the dinner bell rings though! LOL
Kurt, morning.... If they like the food so much, make it mandatory they attend a 15 minute lecture on "The dreaded stall" before appetizers are served...   (That could be considered cruel and unusual punishment) ...   Dave

Kurt, morning.... If they like the food so much, make it mandatory they attend a 15 minute lecture on "The dreaded stall" before appetizers are served...   (That could be considered cruel and unusual punishment) ...   Dave
LOL - Thanks Dave, and before I respond, I must say that it was your old thread where I found the link to become a prmier member. So in essence, I made the carousel for the first time thanks to you!
beercheer.gif

As for the lecture, I think I'll host an SMF round-table discussion via Skype; the topic? "Whether or not to use water pans".....

But if things get too heated, we'll have to switch to a less combative topic like "Religion and it's place in politics today".
laugh1.gif

LOL - Thanks Dave, and before I respond, I must say that it was your old thread where I found the link to become a prmier member. So in essence, I made the carousel for the first time thanks to you!
beercheer.gif

As for the lecture, I think I'll host an SMF round-table discussion via Skype; the topic? "Whether or not to use water pans".....

But if things get too heated, we'll have to switch to a less combative topic like "Religion and it's place in politics today".
laugh1.gif
ROTF.gif
roflmao.gif
ROTF.gif
roflmao.gif
Now THAT is funny!!

Alrighty, I just signed up as a premier member! I sent the PayPal through, is there anything to do now?

Edit* Guess not, the badge just showed up

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky