Pre-cooked turkey question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chappy4o

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
OK so my work gave me a pre cooked smoked young turkey. 9.3lbs on my scale, and the FAM wants me to put it on the smoker. . . . What should I do? Should I inject? What temp should I cook at and what internal temp should I aim for? I just don't want to dry this thing out and I know I'll get a better flavor out of smoking it myself even if I'm only heating it. Any and all help is greatly needed and appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Were it me, I would maybe rub it olive oil, salt and pepper inside and out, then put it in the smoker to an IT of 165 just to be safe. I wouldn't attempt to do a load of smoke, I would only gently smoke it with a light wood, I like pecan but that's just me. Don't over do it.

Thanks. . . I actually happened to put a light salt and pepper rub on it and injected it with some Cajun butter and smoked to 165 with apple wood. . . Turned out amazing

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky