Practice bird with ABT and Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

get2

Original poster
Nov 1, 2010
Greenville SC
Brined overnight, and smoked for 5 1/2 hours. 

a6929ed2_DSC_1289.jpg

1e9d4e79_DSC_1293.jpg

thanks for the info

Is this your very first? Looks great either way, beautimous color,  What was your brine? And what wood did you smoke with? And most imortantly, got a sliced pic?

That looks awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Very good looking bird and ABT's. Can you give us details on the brine and the smoke time and temp and wood

That is an orange in the bird with the tan.  The brine is one I "borrowed" from someone on here.  It was;

1cup Kosher salt

1 cup Brown sugar

1 tbs rosemary

1 tbs thyme

4 pressed garlic cloves

2 bay leaves

2 medium oranges sliced

smoked it with lump charcoal and apple chips for about 5 1/2 hours.  put the ABTs on during the last 2 hours.   

That is the first thing I have ever attempted to smoke,  my wife seemed to enjoy it, as did the neighbors.  Looking forward to some leftover sandwiches today, and to doing more in the future.

icon_cool.gif

Pratice heck. You look like a master to me. GreAT LOOKING bIRD There Get2

Thanks, I hope to learn alot more in the near future.  This sure is a tasty new hobby. 

Welcome to SMF!  And from Greenville no less!  I'm a Carolina boy myself (also in Greenville), and its great to see another local... just was introduced yesterday to a newbie from Greer... we'll need to have a meet up soon!

BTW, great looking bird, i dont believe for a second that it's your first smoke!
icon_wink.gif

Nice to know you friend.

yep, that was the first of anything smoked.  Thinking about doing some pork this week.  Just have to see how work plays out. 

First Ever??
biggrin.gif
 Wow, what a beautiful bird! and your abt's look great, too. What's in them? (gee, we're a nosy bunch, aren't we?)  That looks awesome!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky