Posts disappearing from New Posts Forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
I just read a great post by Kevin (foamheart) on Jambalaya and posted a reply. I went back 10 or 20 mins later to check a detail and there it was---GONE!!!
I'm assuming one of the mods moved it. Had to do a search to find it again. Rather inconvenient!!
If a post needs to be moved, then it needs to be moved. But is there any reason not to leave a "POST MOVED TO....." notice so members can find it????
Gary

I feel your pain . Spent two days lookin for one I was reading . Never did find it .

Once you read a " new post" you won't see it again until someone else posts on that thread. That will make it a new post again. No one is playing games with moving posts so no one can find them.

try scanning thru RECENT post. I've had this issue many times. They usually revert back there due to being old threads with recent comments.

If it has left the Alert cashe, I just jump off into Search. Very seldom does it take more than a rudimentary search to find what I am looking for.

It will just take a bit of getting used to, we knew it wouldn't be the same software.

No one is playing games with moving posts so no one can find them.

That wasn't what I meant. Not complaining about the mods moving posts. Just about the problem of finding the post after its moved.
Gary

try scanning thru RECENT post. I've had this issue many times. They usually revert back there due to being old threads with recent comments.

Great idea. Didn't know about that option. Tried it and it worked great. Thanks.
Gary

Reactions: TulsaJeff
Mouse over FORUMS... click on YOUR ACTIVITY .... posts you have looked at will appear....
You can also look at YOUR THREADS.. YOUR POSTS... and you can click on RECENT POSTS....
There is an "eye" that appears on the right of the description that shows you have looked at the thread....

Reactions: TulsaJeff
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky