Posting Problems on Forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Dec 29, 2009
Savage, MN
 Am I the only one having issues posting on this forum?  I can't get my curser to show up, and at the bottom of the page, it reads "Read www.smokingmeatforums.com".  It's almost like the page is locked up.Todd 

Ok, here's the problem.  The cursor does not work, so you can't wee where you are at on the page.  I'm having the same issues with PM's also.

In-order to post on a thread, I have to hit "Reply" and then hit "Clear" on the bottom.  This allows the cursor to start flashing.

up/down/left/right arrows do not work and neither does the enter/return key.

Anyone else having these issues?

Todd

Ok, here's the problem.  The cursor does not work, so you can't wee where you are at on the page.  I'm having the same issues with PM's also.

In-order to post on a thread, I have to hit "Reply" and then hit "Clear" on the bottom.  This allows the cursor to start flashing.

up/down/left/right arrows do not work and neither does the enter/return key.

Anyone else having these issues?

Todd
Todd,

Maybe they don't want you to wee there?

I'm sorry Todd, I couldn't help myself on that one. Every now and then a tiny little mistype makes something funny to my strange sense of humor.

Bear

Todd,

I am having a problem weeing my cursor too (Sorry.. I couldn't help it either
biggrin.gif
)

It happens to me off and on and we have a bug report turned in on it.. hopefully they will be able to figure out what is causing it and fix it soon. I have found that if I click on and then off of "Source", the problem goes away for that instance.

All works fine with IE and CHROME, but not with Firefox.

If I hit "CLEAR" I can post with no problem.

I'll drop a note to Huddler too.

Todd

I have the same problem with Firefox.  I just type a word or two and hit "preview" and things seem to work OK.  I wonder if it could be a setting in Firefox, but don't know.

In case I can actually get this comment posted:

It is 14:57 hours, Sunday, Feb. 27, 2011.

At the current time, this forum is slower than I have ever seen it.

Will try another time, whether this post makes it or not.

Bear

BTW: I came back a couple hours later, and everything worked fine---Still is.

LOL---Except it says below that I edited this at 7 PM yesterday, when I actually just edited it now, at 8 AM on the 28th. Very Strange!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky