Possibly a new smoking buddy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That is too bad Chris, but totally understand. Everyone's safety even the pups, has to be thought about first.

You guys as a family will make the right decision when and if the time comes. You will know.

David

Reactions: gmc2003
This is strange. I was thinking about you today.
I was mowing my yard for the first time in a month and between the leaves and shaggy grass it wasn't fun.
Neighbor came home when I dumping a load in the compost bin and his off leash neutered pitter came over to greet me and immediately started his alpha BS.
Sorry my comments wonder.

You made the better decision in my mind. Beautiful hybrid, but if you don't know it has to go.

I found this channel a while back. It is a great guy that loves to get pound pups with homes. This is the latest one.

That is too bad Chris, but totally understand. Everyone's safety even the pups, has to be thought about first.

You guys as a family will make the right decision when and if the time comes. You will know.

David
Appreciate it David. The look Gunner gave me as we said good-bye was the saddest thing I've ever seen in a long while.
This is strange. I was thinking about you today.
I was mowing my yard for the first time in a month and between the leaves and shaggy grass it wasn't fun.
Neighbor came home when I dumping a load in the compost bin and his off leash neutered pitter came over to greet me and immediately started his alpha BS.
Sorry my comments wonder.

You made the better decision in my mind. Beautiful hybrid, but if you don't know it has to go.
Thanks John, most people who think of me are probably saying to themselves. Boy I hope that gmc isn't logged on. The hybrid didn't scare us as we've had one possible two before, but when it comes to the safety of my family. That's another story. He's a pup and wants to play. Unfortunately his aggressive play wouldn't work well with a three year old.
Sorry to hear, but you'll know when it's right. Good luck !
That we will winter and thanks.

Chris
I found this channel a while back. It is a great guy that loves to get pound pups with homes. This is the latest one.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nice video Chris. I've only watched about half, but I like what I see so far.

Dang I hit post before I responded. Old age I guess.

Chris

Hope all goes well for you. My hats off to you for being a rescue dad.
Not sure how many rescues we've around 10, I think.

Warren

Things didn't quite work out the way we planned. I'm sorry to say.

Chris

we said good-bye was the saddest thing I've ever seen in a long while.

Never easy when it is part of your heart and you are a person with feelings.

We have been dealing with one of our girls Lola with many issues over the last 2 years . and we and her have been doing well.
But now with her age ( 17 ) and still some of the main issues. She is getting very tired, still eats like a horse and has moments were she will run full tilt around the house chasing Mona , But bad days also.
I know her day is coming and we are not looking forward to this at all. I will never let one suffer even though I don't want to say good by. It could be any day , or a couple months. Last 3 nights not a lot of sleep keeping an eye on her . Than she wakes up and runs around looking for breakfast. Just do not know yet. But coming soon.

David

Never easy when it is part of your heart and you are a person with feelings.

We have been dealing with one of our girls Lola with many issues over the last 2 years . and we and her have been doing well.
But now with her age ( 17 ) and still some of the main issues. She is getting very tired, still eats like a horse and has moments were she will run full tilt around the house chasing Mona , But bad days also.
I know her day is coming and we are not looking forward to this at all. I will never let one suffer even though I don't want to say good by. It could be any day , or a couple months. Last 3 nights not a lot of sleep keeping an eye on her . Than she wakes up and runs around looking for breakfast. Just do not know yet. But coming soon.

David
It's one of the toughest decisions any pet owner will have to make. We got lucky with skidmark he woke me up early one morning letting me know it was time. It didn't make the decision any easier, but at least I didn't have to second guess myself after. Wondering if I did the right thing or made a mistake. Second guessing yourself is actually worse than putting them down. Good luck with Lola and I'm sure you'll do the right thing when the time comes.

Chris

BTW: did you guys name Lola after the Kinks song?

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Lola after the Kinks song?

No she was 2 when we found her with the name so we kept it. and for some reason we call her Lolabug, most times just " Bug "

the girls 110.JPG mics 002.JPG

Digging in sand at beach, last picture on way home from the beach, Lola is the last of the 3 from this picture
But we still have Rosie not in these pictures But she is 14, time fly's

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky