Portland, OR MES 30"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dewoof01

Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
Hello,

Well my Brinkman finally took a crap on me, the heating element went out.  Instead of screwing with that thing anymore it is time for a new smoker.  I have decided upon the MES 30"  I must do electric as I live on the second floor of a condo building and it is on a wood deck, and when i tried my first charcoal one, had an issue and burnt a whole in the deck (long story involving alcohol).  So anyways electric for me and i usually throw a couple charcoal briquets in there as well with the wood.

My problem is Lowes & Walmart are not stocking the MES in stock, and i would like to see one before purchasing.  Anyone else in this area know of a place that sells this model that i can take a look at and purchase from?  I really don't like buying things like this online without seeing them, so i would rather pay a bit more and buy local for something like this.

I am in Portland, or, more specifically beaverton, or.  THANKS!

I think Bass Pro and Cabelas both carry the Masterbuilt line of smokers.. unfortunately, it looks like you don't have one of those near you yet. There is a Cabela's scheduled to be opening up in Springfield, just south of you, this spring on the west side of the Gateway Mall.

Other than that, it looks like your options are limited unless there is someone in that area that has one that would be willing to let you come over and check it out.

Maybe someone else will know of another retailer that carries that smoker..  I am not aware of any though.

Home Depot carries the MES 30, but I think maybe you should check out the MES 40. Sam's carries them & they really hold a lot of meat. You can't put a full rack of ribs without cutting them in half in the 30, but you can in the 40. Just my 2 cents.

I bought my MES 30" from Cabelas sight unseen and had it delivered.  You can always return it and based on the feedback on the MES line you can't go wrong.

Hello,

Well my Brinkman finally took a crap on me, the heating element went out.  Instead of screwing with that thing anymore it is time for a new smoker.  I have decided upon the MES 30"  I must do electric as I live on the second floor of a condo building and it is on a wood deck, and when i tried my first charcoal one, had an issue and burnt a whole in the deck (long story involving alcohol).  So anyways electric for me and i usually throw a couple charcoal briquets in there as well with the wood.

My problem is Lowes & Walmart are not stocking the MES in stock, and i would like to see one before purchasing.  Anyone else in this area know of a place that sells this model that i can take a look at and purchase from?  I really don't like buying things like this online without seeing them, so i would rather pay a bit more and buy local for something like this.

I am in Portland, or, more specifically beaverton, or.  THANKS!

The Lowes around here stock them, and I paid $179. for mine at Christmastime. For that money, you cannot go wrong for what you get. Trust me.

Thanks for the responses.  I am going to actually go in and check today to see if lowes and home depot stock them.  On their websites they say they don't but you never know...  I would go cabellas but its a 2.5 hour drive each way to the closest one, which is quite a drive.  For some reason bbq has never seemed to be a really big deal around here.  Only one good place to get good meats, one place to get good wood chunks, no real places that sell a variety of smokers in stock, etc.  I would like to do a 40" i really would.  But we live in a condo and have a small deck, and with my 5 burner bbq on the deck and my firewood rack there already isn't any room.

Check out Wholesale Sports at 9401 SE 82nd.  They have several different smokers and pellet grills.  The Pellet Grill Outlet in West Linn has a great selection of pellet grills that also do a fine job of smoking.  Both have websites.

Rangecop,

Thanks for the help.  Does wholesale carry masterbuilt though?  I really think that is the right smoker for me, only time will tell, but the overall praise and the specs seem perfect for what i need.

Sorry, but i checked wholesale sports website and saw no masterbuilt smokers on there, just wondering if they have them in store but not on the website.  haven't ever been there before.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky