Porterhouses

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Couple of 2# porterhouses getting ready for the bath. This is a small primer for me. Thinking of SV prime rib for Christmas. I’ve done chucks, but no other beef so far.
1FB9F1D6-6252-4B9D-8ED7-E56232F8E8A2.jpeg

Good looking steak. That prime rib really needs some smoke, just saying. I like Sous Vide but not sure for a great piece of meat like that.
Thems gonna be dang tasty. Porterhouses Tuesday for our anniversary. Make sure you sear at the end!
looks like they will be some tasty steaks!
I haven't had a real porterhouse in years. They are a real treat.
Thanks guys. I am hopeful. I have 4 Christmas hams in the smokehouse and these steaks in the SV. I will sear them for finish. Not sure yet if pan, or grill.

Sear in CI pan
5F32FE27-13FF-456A-BC4B-B98CD44DAEA5.jpeg

The cut from 3hrs at 132* water bath
6799C280-07CF-464B-8C6C-539FB3A21C5B.jpeg

Plated with a simple salad/homemade HV ranch, a baked tater and butter.
CCD7A8A3-0369-482A-9EE6-27D4341F97EB.jpeg

I must say that this was one of the best steaks I have ever had. Ruth’s Chris isn’t on this level. I’m thinking we may have to try the prime rib this way at Christmas.
Thanks for looking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky