Porkus Buttus on saleus

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hijack73

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 9, 2020
SC, just a smidge from Charlotte
As I've mentioned before, I live in the promised land for chucks and butts. I often see butts at .99lb, and some of us have mentioned that in our region, fat cap on butts is getting pretty slim.

Harris Teeter has the butts for .99 this week. I stopped in one for a pack of hot dog buns last night and looked at the 4 they had out in the case. One of them had a very nice fat cap. Only an 8lb'er but I got it.

I have 4 of them within 5 miles of where I work, so this evening I plan on hitting at least 3 of them. Been a minute since I've found some nice fat caps butts for BBB. Finger's crossed, folks. Just did breakfast sausage a couple of weeks ago, but hell, I like sausage so no worries about what to do with the trim from my bacon :emoji_grinning:

They are Smithfield. Same as our Food Lions carry.

I have to cook a

Porkus Buttus or 2 starting tonight so will be in search of after work today, going to start it on the Weber wsm clone and finish on the pellet smoker probably. wish we had that store here, we lost several name brand ones over the last 10 years​

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky