Pork time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks, 225 for 10hrs.
Looks like you have a great sammich in your future!

Don't bet 100% on the 10 hours.  Some butts have a mind of their own and will take longer, or even a shorter amount of time.  Keep an eye on the IT starting at around 8 hours to see where you are.

Smoke was good and the bark, but not fall apart tender. This was my worst fail yea besides the smoking Turkey incident.

Smoke was good and the bark, but not fall apart tender. This was my worst fail yea besides the smoking Turkey incident.
If you can eat it, it's not a failure.

What was the final IT?  I'm guessing that it didn't cook long enough.  A good indication of done, for a pork butt, is when the bone pulls out very easily when tugged on.

Yea thought the IT was 200 when i pulled. I let rest so i could handle. When i tried to pull it it was like a roast. Checked the temp agian and it said 180. Total cook time was 12hrs 10 of those at 225 and the rest 350. The bone was showing but it wasn't letting go.

Yeah, it just didn't go long enough.  Like I said above, some butts have a mind of their own, I've had some 18 hour cooks with them.  That's the main reason I make it the day prior to the planned meal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky