Pork Tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

undy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 30, 2017
New York
I am planning on smoking my first pack of pork tenderloins this weekend. Wondering if anyone has any helpful tips?

Thanks

They are very small so they cook fast. Pull them off when they reach 140° wrap them and let them rest 15-20 min the carry over will bring it up to 145°.

Reactions: jcam222
We pull ours off at 136-138, after a 15-20 minute rest on the counter with a foil cover, it will cruise up to 145. If it doesn't quite make it there it will still be safe to eat & super tender & juicy!!
Al

Reactions: Sowsage
I agree with the others. Pull them early and let the carryover take them up. They are a favorite around here. Quick and versatile and you can customize what flavor profiles you are going for fairly easy. Here are a few I did awhile back.

PT8.jpg

Yep...everybody has you steered in the right direction. The key is to not over cook them.

Quick and versatile and you can customize what flavor profiles you are going for fairly easy.

John makes a great point here. You can do a lot of different stuff with them, both while cooking and afterward as leftovers. Here are a couple I did last week that were marinated and glazed with a pineapple rum compote that I made. These were really good!!
019.jpg

020.jpg

Make sure to take lots of pics and write stuff down so you have a reference for next time. Remember...no pics, never happened :emoji_laughing:

Robert

I generally cut about 2" off of the tapered end, and save that to cook for breakfast. I use a Lite-Apple injection, (0 .75g of salt per ounce of juice). Apple is fine, I also like Apple/White Grape. The amount of injection is about 1 ounce per pound. If you don't have juice handy, water works well too, just add a couple of teaspoons of white sugar. You want a slightly saltly, slightly sweet mixture. I agree with the others about pulling in the 140° - 142° range.

Agree with everyone above on the final temp. I actually like pulling them around 125 or so and then finishing them off on a hot grill for some extra tastiness. But can’t go wrong either way. Perfectly cooked tenderloin is an amazing thing.

Man they all got ya covered for sure. As everyone pointed out first and foremost is the finish temp. I used to hate pork tenderloins because it seemed as though every time i cooked them they were dry. I actually learned here on the forum about the fact the safe temp for pork had been dropped to 145F. Since then I like them :) I made one a while back with jerk rub, it was money.

Thanks for all your help. Very pleased with results. Used jeff’s Maple syrup recipe and came out great!

Attachments

• E301214D-AB20-4037-8FF9-92E5BA6C259A.jpeg
    E301214D-AB20-4037-8FF9-92E5BA6C259A.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: RiversideSm0ker
Nice job on those.
It's funny but my preferred tastes on most grilled and barbecued meats is without sauce, however..... the inside loins are a different story. I either like a glazed finish or a dipping sauce. And to go one step further, if I make them as certain appetizers, they are pretty good served chilled.

I either like a glazed finish or a dipping sauce
I'm with you on this! But my favorite is salt and pepper only on the smoker then a melted herbed butter drizzle over the top after slicing on the cutting board. Man that really hits the spot! Ive never served it up cold but I could se that working well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky