Pork tenderloin smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

malikal

Original poster
Jul 26, 2015
I am currently attempting my first ever smoke. I have a vertical barrel charcoal smoker. Chamber temp was last I checked about 215 degrees. Been that way a couple hours now. I just added some more charcoal and chips to bring the temp back up. It cooled of to around 175. I put a dry rub on and it's been smoking a total of abou 3.5 hours. Internal temp is about 120. Any suggestions on bring the internal temp up so I can get it done. It smells fantastic. I'm using a mi of hickory and apple. Thanks in advance. I forgot to take a befor pic but her is what it looks like from last temp reading.

Last edited:
Did you cure this first? You are in dangerous territory here because to be safe you should get from 40-140 in 4 hours... I know you want smoke but I would put it in a hot oven maybe wrapped... this maybe an eat at your own risk type of thing

I took it off at bout the 4hour and 15 min mark andit was 143 I finished it off in the oven

Smells fantastic, haven't gotten to the eating yet, kids got grumpy so Made them somthing else to eat airing for them to get to sleep now so I can enjoy.

Haha... I just pulled some ribs early because the wife is complaining she was hungry. It was too early by 6-8 degrees. Not terrible, but not what I like texture wise

Sorry for all the typos in this thread. I am typing on my phone, and auto correct is not always my friend.

Tasted fantastic. I think I will be turning this one into pulled BBQ. Wife now has the house melting of apples, she is making apple sauce and apple butter. I think I will try again with one of the other tenderloins we have in the freezer or possible a Boston roast if I find on on sale. I think I know how to start it off at a higher temp for next time, to correct any errors I may have done this time.

It looks great, but that is the biggest tenderloin I have ever seen.

It looks more like a loin, but even then they are usually round.

Anyhow I'm glad it tasted good!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky