Pork Tenderloin in Pan Gravy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2015
Alexandria, VA
This months Throwdown got me into a gravy mood! We were getting ready for a long family trip back to Iowa and wanted to clear out a few things so I had a brisket going for road snacks and future chili, but went with a pan gravy tenderloin for pre departure diner. Basic S&P rub on the pork and leftover rubs for the brisket.
I’ve been starting on Traeger, then moving to wood burner when things mellow a bit lately. Also rendered some trimmings for smoked tallow
8E947F4A-B4A1-41EE-BB23-0CC63F692CEC.jpeg

Pork went on about 8 hrs after brisket. Then moved brisket to the BelFab where CI was getting ready with onions, garlic, and potatoes in bacon grease for pork in beer braise.
94C38317-A66E-4A72-8DAC-662C87B1C123.jpeg

Finally pork nestled in. I went with an uncovered braise as an excuse to drink beer and add more liquid as needed. Temps never went above 250. Brisket juice kept basting the pork and potatoes😃
FC01E597-D84E-4466-8DB1-72EE2A05C747.jpeg

Once IT of pork was 140, pulled the pan and too the pork out to rest. Also removed the vittles. Put on low heat to make gravy, sliced up pork and put it all back in the pan to let people eat up!
D010FA7A-E382-41BB-A7F9-F07227DAE00D.jpeg

Plate shot:
FAC2ABE8-2DB2-4E9F-A703-833E0E3FDBF1.jpeg

Good last home meal before a few days of road food! Happy Thanksgiving!

That looks delicious Jed! Almost like jello gelatin gravy! Now I'm hungry!

Ryan

Reactions: bauchjw
Looks nice. But is it gluten free with free range swine and organic vegetables? You should try non-alcoholic beer.

Fantastic meal there my friend! I would dig into that like there's no tomorrow!
Safe travels..
-Pete

• Haha
Oh man does all of that food look so good!! Thanks for sharing this!
Thank you for your time and compliment! It was was pretty good and always fun to have more than one protein going!
That looks delicious Jed! Almost like jello gelatin gravy! Now I'm hungry!

Ryan
Thank you Ryan! Yessir, it was very gelatinous. Bobby-Jean tries to stay away from flour so I used cornstarch, maybe a bit too much? First time using it, I didn’t thin it out enough with broth afterwards🤣
Looks great Jed and nice write up.
Love onions in my gravy, and who don't like gravy.
Have a good trip

David
Thank you David! I’m a big fan of mushrooms and onions in my gravy 💪 The more flavors the better!!! Have a great Thanksgiving!
Looks nice. But is it gluten free with free range swine and organic vegetables? You should try non-alcoholic beer.

Fantastic meal there my friend! I would dig into that like there's no tomorrow!
Safe travels..
-Pete
🤣Thank you Pete! I’m not sure what’s gluten free anymore….but the rest of it was whatever was on sale🤙 thank you for the compliment and your time!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Thank you David! I’m a big fan of mushrooms and onions in my gravy 💪 The more flavors the better!!! Have a great Thanksgiving!

You are right there Jed, great flavours on the gravy with those items and the seared meat in the pan first,
Thank you for the Thanksgiving wish. Just having Baked ham and scalloped potatoes as we had our Thanksgiving few weeks back , you know us Canadians we just have to be different

But you and yours have a great turkey day and great visit's

David

• Haha
WOW!! That looks fantastic Jed. A simply gorgeous plate of pure pork (and gravy) perfection. Very well done sir!!
I went with an uncovered braise as an excuse to drink beer
Come on Jed, do you really need an excuse to drink beer?? :emoji_laughing: My excuse for drinking beer: I'm still above ground and can pick up the bottle :emoji_wink:

Robert

• Haha
Very nice cook Jed! Love onions in pan gravy!

I use corn starch slurry all the time, as you see a little goes a long way…. It also has to boil to get to full thickness and cook in. That amount of gravy should have been about a Tsp or so…. The other thing to note is it’s thinner when hot so it should be thinner in the pan and it will thicken a bit in/on the serving dish…..

Last edited:
Looks real good to me Jed. Tenderloin is my favorite, and you did it proud.

Point for sure
Chris

Excellent meal Jed! Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels.
Thank you Steve! I appreciate your time and compliment🤙 hope you have a great Thanksgiving !
Wow Jed. Looks killer.
Thank you Brian! I’m loving that big CI pan. I appreciate your time and compliment!
Looks great!
Thank you KC! I appreciate it!
Oh yeah, I’m all over that cook Jed. That looks fantastic to me. Nice work and safe travels.
Thank you! I appreciate your time and the compliment! I hope you have a great thanksgiving!!!!
Great meal Jed and you've got the Bel Fab dailed in ! Safe travels!

Keith
Thank you Keith! That BelFab is so much fun! I wish I could use it everyday🤣 Have a great Thanksgiving 🤘

WOW!! That looks fantastic Jed. A simply gorgeous plate of pure pork (and gravy) perfection. Very well done sir!!

Come on Jed, do you really need an excuse to drink beer?? :emoji_laughing: My excuse for drinking beer: I'm still above ground and can pick up the bottle :emoji_wink:

Robert
Sorry for late reply! Long trip back! But Thank you Robert! And….no, I personally don’t need an excuse, but my wife often asks for my justification🤣
Very nice cook Jed! Love onions in pan gravy!

I use corn starch slurry all the time, as you see a little goes a long way…. It also has to boil to get to full thickness and cook in. That amount of gravy should have been about a Tsp or so…. The other thing to note is it’s thinner when hot so it should be thinner in the pan and it will thicken a bit in/on the serving dish…..
Thank you Civil! And Thank you for the tip, I’m just getting into the gravy game using corn starch based on wife’s request. This’ll help!
Looks real good to me Jed. Tenderloin is my favorite, and you did it proud.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you Chris! I appreciate it!
Jed that is a helluva nice job.

Pure comfort food right there!

Stu
Thank you Stu! I appreciate it, gravy makes it all comfort🤣
Phenomenal Jed, nice job my friend!
Thank you Justin! I appreciate it! CI, meat, and gravy🤣

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky