Pork Steaks on the gas grill .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just the way I like them.
Yup . Same here . Need that char on the edges and the sauce cooked in .
Thanks for looking .

Those look really good! Great color on them! Been a long time since we had any... might have to change that.
Thanks Ryan . Wish I had some pics before I sauced .

The pork steaks look great Rich! I’ve been doing pork tenderloin in the grill a lot. This would be a nice change of pace for sure!

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks great Rich! Seems easy enough. I've never tried the Pork Steaks, but I have done Chops marinated in Italian and we liked hem a lot. Been a long time though. Gonna see if I can get me some of those. Nice job.

Nice looking Pig Steaks! I was in my teens before I had a Rib Loin Chop at home. Butt Steaks were Pork Chops to us kids. Dad hated how lean and dry well done Loin Chops were.
Thanks . Yup . I don't blame him . The days of 180 degree pork chops . Lol .

pan frying with Bacon Grease.
I'll have to try that . I do a bread crumb version on the grill that's really good too .
Dipped in veg oil and coated with bread crumbs . Cook indirect .

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Oh man now those look good! Gonna make me go to the grocery on my day off!
Thanks Jim . Best get goin . Lol

Rich those are just perfect man!! As I said in another post this week I love pork steaks. Tons of flavor,
Thanks Jeff . Yup . When you get 'em right they're hard to beat .

Haven't had a good pork steak in a long while. Those look mighty tasty!
Thanks bud . Yeah this was about a year since I had any . Hit the spot .

Looks great! Glad to see others that like a good sear. Never really heard of or had a pork steak but have seen shoulder blade steaks at Kroger. I think basically a pork butt steak. Doable?

Reactions: xray
Looks great Rich!
Thanks Mike .
I've never tried the Pork Steaks
Mike if you find some , just make sure you get them to start to render the fat .
I don't temp these , but I'll guess they were 190 ish .
Looks great! Glad to see others that like a good sear.
Thank you Sam . That makes for a ton of flavor .
shoulder blade steaks
Yeah . I think it depends on where on the shoulder it's cut from .
" Center cut " " boneless " and " blade "
Here's a whole front leg I had . Fat cap is down . So rule out the picnic , cutting from the left side should be some boneless . Those can have a lot of interior fat .
Then you get into the center cut with a bone .
I think the blade steak come from the end that still has a bone .
So the answer to your question is yes . I like the center cut for this .
1635259634125.jpeg

Love those bad boys!
And yours look fantastic!
Thanks Al . Appreciate that .

Reactions: zwiller
This winter, try hitting them with SPOG and pan frying with Bacon Grease. Top with Caramelized Onions and serve with Mashed Taters and Le sueur Baby Peas. It's my Wife's favorite meal. Good eats for sure...JJ

My grandmother always served La Sueur peas at any special dinner and with the name and the fancy can..... for many years I assumed they were imported from France and always referred to them as 'those baby French peas'. What a surprise it was to find out they are grown in Le Sueur, Minnesota. :emoji_laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky