Pork steak and ABTs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
No build picks. We had pork steaks with ABTs last night.. The filling was mild Italian sausage with cheddar and cream cheese with Flatiron sweet heat pepper blend. The steaks had SPOG and paprika on them. Cooked in a CI pan.

P3040236.JPG

P3040239.JPG

Terrific meal!

How did you make out with drone?

Still in the which one mode right now. We took a almost 3 week vacation so that kind of was on mind for awhile, been home for a week today.
I know once the snow is gone ( we just had a nice storm 13 " snow here on Thursday and Friday) and the yard is green instead of white will get back into figuring out which one.

David

Reactions: Steve H
Started to say no veggies…. But the jalapeños got that covered. I’d be all over that!

Jim

Interesting cook on the pork steaks . I've grilled them ( salt , pepper . no sauce ), but never tried the cast iron . Sure looks good , and I bet it is .
Sear / oven finish , or all in the pan ?

Two of my absolute favorite things Steve and you nailed it!
Thanks Jeff!

Interesting cook on the pork steaks . I've grilled them ( salt , pepper . no sauce ), but never tried the cast iron . Sure looks good , and I bet it is .
Sear / oven finish , or all in the pan ?
Thank you! I do them quite often with CI. I used the stove top for the entire cook. Because these weren't that thick. If I score thick ones. Then, I'll sear. And finish in the oven.

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks great , likem about 1/2" thick , will takem any way I can getem lol

Reactions: jcam222
Good looking stuff Steve!! Been way too long since I've made poppers but man oh man, this one has the juices flowing!!

Robert

Fine looking meal! I think those poppers are calling my name as well!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky