Pork Shots ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bigtank

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 10, 2018
Algona IA
Trying pork shots for the fist time in my pellet pooper. What is the recommended temp and approximately how long do they take?

I had to google pork shot to see what it was. Looks really good. The recipe I saw said 250-275 for 90 minutes.
I just watched a tutorial on this and it might have been by Chef Jeff, I can't remember but they used cheddar cheese and the cream cheese then topped with onion and smoked and they made my mouth water.

Its cold here in north central Iowa. They are cooking slow I just bumped my GMG up to 300

They turned out well I took a quick before they were gone.

upload_2019-1-1_8-51-0.png

Last edited:
Sorry cant figure out how to add photo

Got it

Last edited:
Those look pretty darn good to me.

Point for sure.
Chris

They look fantastic . Can't tell if you used cream cheese or not , but smoked cream cheese is really good in those .

I used cheddar in 1/2 and colby jack in the other 1/2. A little brown sugar and then sprinkled with Cimarron Doc's rub.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky