Pork Roll, with Egg & Cheese (Ninja)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA

We haven’t had them like this for a long time—With Eggs, so let’s go!!

These were the Pre-sliced Pork Rolls, so all I had to do was put the little slits on the edges.
Then into the Ninja @ 390 for a couple minutes on each side, then 20 seconds for Provolone to melt on 2 of mine.
Then a second Thin slice of Pork Roll on top of the Cheese.

Then over to the stove, where Mrs Bear is keeping up with making a Fried Egg for each of our 3 Sammies.
Mustard was used, because it’s the thing I like most with both Pork Roll and Fried Egg.

That’s about all there was to it.

Bear

I started with some Yellow Mustard on all bun halves:
IMG_7887.jpeg

Place one slice of Provolone on each of 2 slices of Pork Roll, seconds before removing them from the Ninja Crisper Basket:
IMG_7888.jpeg

One Pork Roll Slice with melted Cheese on each Sammy:
IMG_7889.jpeg

Then another Slice of Pork Roll o top of the Cheese:
IMG_7890.jpeg

One Fried Egg on top of one Sammy:
IMG_7891.jpeg

Now a Fried Egg on Each Sammy, with lots of CBP:
IMG_7892.jpeg

Close 'em Up & Start Eating!!
IMG_7893.jpeg

We haven’t had them like this for a long time—With Eggs, so let’s go!!

These were the Pre-sliced Pork Rolls, so all I had to do was put the little slits on the edges.
Then into the Ninja @ 390 for a couple minutes on each side, then 20 seconds for Provolone to melt on 2 of mine.
Then a second Thin slice of Pork Roll on top of the Cheese.

Then over to the stove, where Mrs Bear is keeping up with making a Fried Egg for each of our 3 Sammies.
Mustard was used, because it’s the thing I like most with both Pork Roll and Fried Egg.

That’s about all there was to it.

Bear

I started with some Yellow Mustard on all bun halves:
View attachment 520985

Place one slice of Provolone on each of 2 slices of Pork Roll, seconds before removing them from the Ninja Crisper Basket:
View attachment 520986

One Pork Roll Slice with melted Cheese on each Sammy:
View attachment 520987

Then another Slice of Pork Roll o top of the Cheese:
View attachment 520988

One Fried Egg on top of one Sammy:
View attachment 520989

Now a Fried Egg on Each Sammy, with lots of CBP:
View attachment 520990

Close 'em Up & Start Eating!!
View attachment 520991
What's a pre-sliced pork roll?

Reactions: Cabo
What's a pre-sliced pork roll?

They sell it in various ways:
Here's 3 of them:
16 ounce Rolls (about 2" in Diameter)
48 ounce Rolls.
Sliced up, in boxes (see below)
large_1450fd99-5a10-415c-a31b-5c3b104f2e35.png.jpeg

Bear

Now damnit, Bear, I haven't had Taylor ham since around, I don't know, maybe 1990? I had mostly forgotten about it and here ya are reminding me, and it looks absolutely delicious. I'm even drooling on my keyboard lol. I can remember getting Taylor ham, egg, and cheese on a hard roll every morning off the roach coach that came by a place I worked at in Jersey.

Reactions: MJB05615
Darn, I wish pork roll and scrapple were commonly available down here in the South. :emoji_disappointed:
I never thought I'd find a pork roll here. Last year actually found it at Kroger.....off all places in the specialty area where all the boars head stuff is. Taylor pork rolls lol

I never thought I'd find a pork roll here. Last year actually found it at Kroger.....off all places in the specialty area where all the boars head stuff is. Taylor pork rolls lol
I don't usually shop at Kroger, but I may just have to go see if I can luck up on some.

You on a roll John. I was just looking at those Ninja's like I really need another cooking gadget! You have me interested but all ready have convection toaster and Chefman 2 tray Airfryer which I have wings in now. to lazy to fire up kettle.

Save yourself a trip and just look at the website for your local Kroger. They have clicklist so the whole inventory is online
Just did that: In store:unavailable, shipping:unavailable. I know I can order it online and have it shipped, but it's none too cheap to buy it that way. My sister was at one time married to a guy who had family in Jersey, and we would always have them bring us one of the great big deli size rolls of Taylor ham when they visited.

Amazon sells both, even in a single sku. Only problem will be price. Not sure what price is in local grocery store but A's price seems exorbitant.
You can also buy Taylor ham direct from the company that makes it, but again, the price isn't anywhere close to what you'd pay for it in the grocery store. I have had their site bookmarked for years, but if I go on and pay what they are asking to get my fix, I know I'm going to have to keep doing it. Some things are best left to memory. Now, if someone can figure out how to make it from scratch, I'd be all over it.

Looks great Bear! Pork roll is another one of those things my dad used to make all the time! Will have to introduce that to the kids as well! Thank you for sharing!

You can also buy Taylor ham direct from the company that makes it, but again, the price isn't anywhere close to what you'd pay for it in the grocery store. I have had their site bookmarked for years, but if I go on and pay what they are asking to get my fix, I know I'm going to have to keep doing it. Some things are best left to memory. Now, if someone can figure out how to make it from scratch, I'd be all over it.
Sounds like a quest for someone who knows what it tastes like 😎.

i used to make beer and people would publish recipes for famous beers. After some time, they would actually taste like the beer.

My mom always said Taylor ham smelled like stinky armpits while it's cooking, and she may have been right, but it tastes divine.

Im from a really small town in nw pa and I never heard of it. I guess it never made.it over the mountains.
From what I recall, it originated in Jersey, so maybe you were out of Pa before it made it to the area you grew up in?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky