Pork roast.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning folks!
Here is a meal I did a few days ago. I started with a 3 pound pork roast I picked up at GFS. It was one of their netted and injected jobs. It got a rub with Pit Boss smoke infused applewood bacon seasoning.
I smoked it for 2 hours then finished to 145 IT in the oven.

IMG_0445.jpg

Then I made some ABTs using a 50/50 blend of cheddar and cream cheese with brisket seasoning added to it.

IMG_0443.jpg

Look at the size of these things! I haven't found jalapenos this large in awhile.

IMG_0448.jpg

Money shot! The potatoes were sliced left over salt potatoes the I fried up with salt, pepper, and onion powder. The meal was very good. I was pretty impressed with the roast. It was very tender and moist. The next time I'm over near GFS I'll be grabbing a few of these.

Last edited:
Looks good . I have not seen those there . Going today to gt some pork butts , I'll look for them .
Nice meal . Good roasted pork is hard to beat .

Looks great Steve! Love those potatoes too! Great job. I'm heading to Kroger, which is the same as GFS I think, to get some Butts on sale for .99 /lb. And some Chicken Thighs at .88/lb. These are low prices only seen 1-2 times a year 'round these parts.

Yummy!! Been really craving some pork lately, not to mention "poppers". Looks great Steve!!

(Now if I can just find enough time to get some smoke rolling. Too many spring projects.)

Looks excellent Steve!
Great meal & that pork roast looks delicious.
I’ve never seen one of those around here.
Al

Bangin looking meal u have there. Haven’t made ABTs in a long time. If I could find jalapeños that size I’d be on it.

Some damned fine looking eats right there steve. Nice job buddy. That roast looks perfect and the ABT's are to die for. I'd be thrilled to be sitting down to a plate of that.

Robert

Some damned fine looking eats right there steve. Nice job buddy. That roast looks perfect and the ABT's are to die for. I'd be thrilled to be sitting down to a plate of that.

Robert

Thanks Robert! I was really happy with how it came out.

Looks good . I have not seen those there . Going today to gt some pork butts , I'll look for them .
Nice meal . Good roasted pork is hard to beat .
Thanks! If you see them. Try one out. My original idea was to use it to break in my new Weber with the rotisserie.

Looks excellant Steve!
Thanks Jim!

Looks great Steve! Love those potatoes too! Great job. I'm heading to Kroger, which is the same as GFS I think, to get some Butts on sale for .99 /lb. And some Chicken Thighs at .88/lb. These are low prices only seen 1-2 times a year 'round these parts.
Thank you! Yeah, those prices are great!

The meal looks great Steve. I like the looks of your potatoes and your choice of beverage to go with it.

Rob
lol, thanks Rob!

Great looking meal Steve.
I know why you wait 3 days to post :emoji_wink: so you don't have to share. :emoji_angry:

Warren
lol! Thanks, And one of my kids dropped by and destroyed what was left!

Yummy!! Been really craving some pork lately, not to mention "poppers". Looks great Steve!!

(Now if I can just find enough time to get some smoke rolling. Too many spring projects.)
Thank you!

Looks great Steve, bet it was delicious too! I’m in an ABT mood now.
Thanks Ray!

Bangin looking meal u have there. Haven’t made ABTs in a long time. If I could find jalapeños that size I’d be on it.
Thanks! Those things were big!

View attachment 492877

Yeah son! That looks amazing Steve. Eatin good in the hood for sure. I could go for a big plate myself. LIKE!
haha! Thanks John!

Looks good! Those are some hefty ABTS, they barely fit in the tray :emoji_astonished:
Thank you! I was afraid they'd tip over on it.

Wow!!!
What A Beautiful Plate!!!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky