• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork rinds for breaded pork chops

northern greenhorn

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 11, 2010
I'm planning on doing some breaded pork chops, and wanted to use pork rinds for the breading, I wanted to know if anyone has tried this, and if so, how did it turn out?

eman

Rest in peace. Lost but not forgotten!!
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Have used pork rinds in the breading for chicken fried steak and had a good flavor but they have so much salt in them you have to be careful . I wouldn't want to use just pork rinds,Maybe mix them with corn flakes?

northern greenhorn

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 11, 2010
Have used pork rinds in the breading for chicken fried steak and had a good flavor but they have so much salt in them you have to be careful . I wouldn't want to use just pork rinds,Maybe mix them with corn flakes?

Thanks, good idea, I was worried about the salt

smokinstevo27

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 17, 2010
Let me know how that turns out sounds good. I really like eman's idea about using corn flakes. I don't know about Illinois but in NC we are able to get really great pork rinds from small companies that aren't overly salty.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.