Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

all about beef

Original poster
Jan 5, 2019
Kansas
pork loin.JPG
My latest Smoked Pork Loin. Did a Extra Virgin Olive Oil coating with a Rub called Secret Weapon. Slow Smoked at 225 degrees for 4 hours 1 hour at 350 degrees to internal temp. of 160 degrees had around 1/4 inch smoke ring. This was amazing with juices throughout and so tender you could cut it with a fork. Done on a GMG Daniel Boone using Hickory pellets.

Reactions: SonnyE
New to smoking and to forums seems I am better at smoking then Forums. LOL Figured out I should have placed under pork after posting this.

Looks Great!

But my interest peaked when somebody with a handle like "All About Beef" is posting a Pork Loin Roast....
Sacrilege!

:emoji_laughing:

Its easy if you can do that loin. Just takes a long time and you have to get the IT up over 200 - 205 to be probe tender.

Warren

You are going to get all kinds of ways and suggestions on how to do it such as wrap and don't wrap. Most of this all comes down to personal preference.

Warren

I have been reading up on Brisket and yes some say wrap and others say don't. Not sure what the benefit of wrapping brisket is, as some of the cooking ideas I have read said to wrap my bottom round roast. I opted to just go straight to grill and it turned out juicy and tender.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky