Pork loin with ketchup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
I know weird title.

I usually will use some type of spicy brown mustard to get my rub to really stick to the meat.But today I'm going to go a different route and use Melindas Habanero ketchup instead.The rub I use is a basic brown sugar based one.

Going on the MES with an apple/hickory mix in the AMNTS.

Sounds different, I hope the sugar(if there is any) doesn't burn. Let us know.

Chris

Sounds different, I hope the sugar(if there is any) doesn't burn. Let us know.

Chris
Never had issues with the sugar burning in the past but the ketchup itself does contain sugar and glucose(no HFCS though) so we'll see what happens.

Everyone has their own tastes, but ketchup on pork just doesn't sound good to me.
But then I do put ketchup on hot dogs!
Let us know how it turns out!
Al

No burn whatsoever.Wrapped and in the cooler.Will be eating around 4:30-5:00,will post later about how it tasted.

Glad to hear it turned out Norman. Looking forward to hearing how it tastes.

Chris

Honestly other than a slight zip/tang to it the loin tasted pretty much the same as if I had smoked it my usual way.Pork loin is my go-to especially when cooking for others,as long as they enjoy,and they did,I'm happy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky