Pork Loin with AMNPTS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thatcho

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
Pueblo, Co
Ok, here was today's test smoke with a 5.95lb boneless pork loin and a newly acquired AMNPTS 12" preloaded with Oak Pellets. I am including the altitude for whom ever had a question about the performance of the AMNPTS at higher altitudes. Pueblo West, Colorado Altitude 4,960, Only issue was due to operator error.

The set-up in the MB Dual fuel/door.

4hours at 250 degrees with IT of 135, then foiled for 1hour.

End result was a moist and juicy Pork loin.  The rating was five star from kids and wife.

The best part was my daughter bet me she could guess my rub ingredients and injection. This challenge was accepted and dad lost. My daughter has a great pallet. She wants to become a Chef.  Hope you all enjoy the Q View.

Have a great weekend.

Thank You shtrdave, She won 5 bucks and she gets to go to the homecoming dance. Unfortunately she is turning more girl than my tomboy i had
th_crybaby2.gif

Nice loin, I will only eat loins smoked. Bet the gamily had a big smile and thats what its all about.

LOL... as to the daughter, remember how uneasy you were when you picked up your date and had to meet the family? I would laugh when my sis started dating. House rule was a date was not ever met, he must pick her up at the front door, and be introduced. I would always have to turn my head so they didn't see me laugh. Baby sisters were alot of fun.

Thanks Foamheart, i had a older sister and that was our unspoken rule too. lol.  Just not ready to c my only girl grow up. But on the other hand how else do you get em out of the house. Especially when your dad is hooked on SMOKING MEAT! good day.

I'm in Colorado Springs, about 6200ft and I have given up on the pellets. I can get them to work with some effort in my mes 40 but I'm always worried they will go out. I've switched back to dust and it works great. Your loin looks tasty!

Thank u meddlingkids, i didn't have any real issues with pellets in the amnpst. I run a MB propane smoker. I am at 4690 in Pueblo West so far so good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky