Pork Loin Taco Wheel Mexican Breakfast!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fwismoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
North East Indiana
Reactions: disco

Now that is cool!

Great idea!

It looks delicious!

Point!

Al
Thanks Al, just trying to get creative!  Breaking up the monotony of the same-o same-o
I gotta try this! Looks delicious!!
Thank you.  Only thing i didn't take a pic of is cooking up the scrambled eggs and topping over the meat...added cheese last so the cheese melts into the egg.

Directions

The dough is crescent rolls.

The prep is

1) meat of choice mixed with home made taco seasoning with a little water. I had leftover pork loin so I chopped it, then mixed with the seasoning.

2) seasoned scrambled eggs. I used minced onion, red pepper flakes, and a little cayenne powder. Scramble to no more liquid

3) Lay out the crescent roll ( points out)

You don't need spokes but I was thinking sausages or French toast sticks (home made of course) but went with the sausage. Good to cook up the rest of the sausage separate just to serve with the meal.

Assemble

1) Add meat mixture to the wider part of the dough

2) Add egg scramble

3) Add cheese, I used cheddar

4) fold dough over and tuck

5) Cook 400* ish, The 007 is such a good little oven for baking.

Slice in singles or doubles

That looks amazing Keith.   Too bad I cant have eggs.

That looks amazing Keith.   Too bad I cant have eggs.
No worries, it's layered so anything can be used in place of the eggs.
Looks great! Looks a little spicy!
drool.gif
Thanks...nah no really but it could be if you want! lol     I might add chopped jalepenos or serranos next time....and maybe some blanched diced seasoned potatoes!

Last edited:
Looks like a healthy dose of red pepper flakes. We had pizza tonight and one of my pepper flakes was from hell and got on the tip of my tounge very surprising how they can vary in intensity.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky