Pork loin smoke time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cyclonesmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 29, 2011
Iowa
I have a 2 pack of pork loin - total weight of package is 2.70lbs. Both loins are approx same size - 1.3lbs. Would you say 1.5 hours to smoke both?

If you want to do a loin, I got a whole 8 pounder from Publix, halved it; rubbed it and bacon drape. MES 30 holdin steady around 245..cherry wood, pulled 2.5 hrs later at internal temp of 148...rested for 1 hr, very tender with great moisture...got drunk and forgot after pics.

If you want to do a loin, I got a whole 8 pounder from Publix, halved it; rubbed it and bacon drape. MES 30 holdin steady around 245..cherry wood, pulled 2.5 hrs later at internal temp of 148...rested for 1 hr, very tender with great moisture...got drunk and forgot after pics.

Omg! Love the truth! Every Monday morning one of my coworkers comes to my desk and says "Ok, what'd you smoke this weekend!" and we meander to the break room and I whip out a few containers for her to sample... It's the same conversation every week "I'm gunna slap you're momma, that's incredible! What's in it/how'd you make it!" to which I respond with the same Cheshire Cat grin, raised eyebrows and shrugged shoulders... "Damn you and your drunk cooking! You just need to bring me a bottle of whatever it is that you drink that makes you do this so good!"

Looks awesome! Gunna prep my loin today! Thanks for the giggle!

Edited because of the evil autocorrects on my iPhone! Ignore the Red Solo Cup; it had nothing to do with it!!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky