Pork Loin Rib Roast / smoked root veg and Cheddar Ch. and Chive popovers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Pork Loin Rib Roast / smoked root veg and Cheddar Ch. and Chive popovers

So started with a nice almost 5 pound loin rib roast
Spiced it up with Lanes Q-Nami wrapped and into the fridge for the night.

DSC_6196.JPG DSC_6197.JPG

Today into the smoker with cherry chips and chunk and 1 small chunk of mesquite at 245/ 250 deg.

DSC_6200.JPG DSC_6201.JPG

While it is in for the first hour, I did up the root Veg. ( and I had 1/2 a red bell pepper ) so in it went. Salt and pepper and made a small amount of pork flavour and water
into the bottom under the veg. Placed them under the roast

DSC_6202.JPG

Brought it up to IT of 146 wrapped in foil and left into the smoker until the veg were ready

While this is just about ready I made a batch of Cheddar Cheese and Chive Popovers ( never heard of these but saw while looking for something else. The recipe is from " Hip Foodie Mom " ) These are like a small kind of like Yorkshire puddings. I really like them

DSC_6204.JPG

These take 15 minutes , than 20 minutes. Now I have to buy a new pan ( popover ) lol

Back to the roast.
So when the veg are ready brought all into the house and removed the veg and saved the juice from all and made a light sauce. ( "Au Jus" if you will )

Sliced the roast into 3 pieces , mine was 1 1/2" thick, and juicy.

DSC_6205.JPG DSC_6206.JPG
DSC_6207.JPG DSC_6210.JPG
DSC_6211.JPG

DSC_6212.JPG

This was fantastic, I know I say most of my foods are good ....but this was the best pork roast I have had in a very long time
Juicy and the au jus was nice to have to dip the popovers into .

Thanks for looking and hope you made it to the end .

ps: the popovers are like a different version of a yorkshire pudding. I will do again to try and perfect. Once I buy a new pan just for them. Never heard of these until today.

DSC_6208.JPG DSC_6209.JPG

DSC_6214.JPG

David

Attachments

• DSC_6213.JPG
    DSC_6213.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_6203.JPG
    DSC_6203.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 3
Wow! That is an incredible cook! The pork is over the top, but those popovers have me sucked in! I need to try those, I was playing around with Yorkshire pudding, but that’s next level! Perfectly cohesive and awesome meal David! Big points!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
If you do any goodwill hunting keep an eye out for the popover pans. I scored one not too long ago. Now I know what to put in it!
Great looking meal as well. I could rub my face all over that!

Wow! That is an incredible cook! The pork is over the top, but those popovers have me sucked in! I need to try those, I was playing around with Yorkshire pudding, but that’s next level! Perfectly cohesive and awesome meal David! Big points!

Thanks Jed for the love and the comment

The pork was fantastic and Funny I have been reading about Yorkshire puddings for a week or so. And wanting to try , than stumbled on this and found this recipe to try , and glad I did . now just have to find the pan , as my mini muffin pans were too small and my normal ones I thought would be too big.
So darn I have to go shopping
Jed Here is the recipe I used but there are more on the net . But so simple But it should be the right tins to get the popover affect.
DSC_6216.JPG

Hope you can make this out , if not just ask and I can email it to you

David

If you do any goodwill hunting keep an eye out for the popover pans. I scored one not too long ago. Now I know what to put in it!
Great looking meal as well. I could rub my face all over that!

Thanks for the comment

It was a very good and filling meal
I was going to go to the thrift and goodwill shops today but ran out of time working in the shop.
But heading there tomorrow after I take one of my girls to the vet to get her stitches out .

You made me laugh when you said rub your face all over that. I am going to use that line , thank you

David

Damn delicious looking meal David. Looks warm and comforting. Snowstorm coming Thursday and Saturday the wind chill is gonna be -13.....that's pretty hard on us southerners. I need to get a meal plan in place for the cold weather. This may be one of them. Nice work as usual bud

Great looking cook. I could have 2 plates of that!

I just picked up a pork rib roast yesterday for New Years. This gives a few ideas on what to cook with it.

Incredible looking meal David. It’s a good thing we aren’t close neighbors because you would have a restraining order on my by now just to keep me off your door step. Very nice work.

• Haha
Damn delicious looking meal David. Looks warm and comforting. Snowstorm coming Thursday and Saturday the wind chill is gonna be -13.....that's pretty hard on us southerners. I need to get a meal plan in place for the cold weather. This may be one of them. Nice work as usual bud

Thanks Jake for the comment

Thanks for the kind words , but that really sucks for that temp and weather especially over Christmas weekend.
We have been lucky so far hovering around 0 here for us ( 32 F ) for the last week but windy. 3 weeks ago I was still doing some concrete work outside
Saturday I was BBQing in a shirt on the deck ,

David

Reactions: TNJAKE
Incredible looking meal David. It’s a good thing we aren’t close neighbors because you would have a restraining order on my by now just to keep me off your door step. Very nice work.

Thanks Eric for the like and the comment

That is funny, no need for the restraining order , my killer Chihuahua's would that care of you ( they are both deaf and hard of seeing ) lol

But you are more than welcome , just help with the potato peeling, as I do a lot of spud meals.

David

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Mighty fine looking meal David! Guess I'll have to go pan shopping with you lol! Definitely gonna make those pop popovers. Just got in from playing tetris in the shop...needed one more tractor in the heated shop before it turns to the artic lol!

Ryan

Mighty fine looking meal David! Guess I'll have to go pan shopping with you lol! Definitely gonna make those pop popovers. Just got in from playing tetris in the shop...needed one more tractor in the heated shop before it turns to the artic lol!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the likes and the comment

It was very good and juicy roast, and as for the popover pans , I am out today to look for one. I don't think I have ever seen one.

That is always fun trying to juggle around thinks and trying to think which one really has to come out first . Did I tell you I hate winter. Has not really hit here yet.... BUT I know it is coming

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
That plate is just Beautiful David. Pork looks killer. I going to have to add those popovers to my list. I had a great recipe for Yorkshire puddings and can not find it now.

That plate is just Beautiful David. Pork looks killer. I going to have to add those popovers to my list. I had a great recipe for Yorkshire puddings and can not find it now.

Thanks Brian for the comment
The pork was great thank you. And the popovers whill happen again for Christmas supper , having a ham and Turkey . And these will fit right in

David

I don't know what else you could do, David. They look pretty darn good to me as does everything else...:emoji_yum:

Thanks Charles for the like and the comment

Don't get me wrong, these were good . Just I think wrong pan , as they should puff right up and tall out of tins.
But real good like a cheesy Yorkshire pudding , almost

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky