Pork Loin Ham - second round

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timbrunson

Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
Tipton, OK
Hi everyone, just wanted to show the finished pictures of my second try at pork loin ham. It really turned out nice and tasty. I'm trying to figure out how to get more flavor into the ham though. I used pops brine and then rubbed it with spicy mustard and head country rub. Not salty at all but I'd like to get it a bit "sweeter' like the honey baked ham I've eaten in the past. Any thoughts or advice??  Thanks for looking. Tim B.

Like Woodsmoker said.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/152322/ham-loin-loin-ham-foamheart

Injection makes a difference but the true color doesn't show until after cooking. And they freeze so well. I use more sugar than salt in my cure, AND I add a little maple extract as per a suggestion from Pops. Your nose sometimes fools your mouth.

Great presentation as well on a platter for a party.

But those are some nice looking loins you have there yourself, bet you made a lot of people happy!

Last edited:
I'm going  to be smoking a dinner of Pork Chops with a dry rub and expect them to be really good. I'll up-date beginning

of next week on the process.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky