Pork Loin Crown Roast W/ Candied Jalapeno Glaze And Buttermilk Bacon Mac & Cheese (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hold everything!
Pass me that Mac-n-Cheese.
Like!

Okay, cheese fix taken care of...
Outstanding bit of ingenuity and creativity, and it looks damned tasty.
Great job Robert, nice cook.
Like!
Thank you John. Truly appreciate it. Glad you liked the mac & cheese but with your propensity for spicy food I thought it'd be the glaze that got your attention. The M&C was really creamy, rich, and decadent though.

Robert

ok maybe your nuts Robert (almost like a mad scientist) but that looks awesome bet it taste even better. big like, Jim
Awe inspiring. Absolutely amazing.
Robert, that looks incredibly innovative.

I don't think SMF will ban you...we'll just straight-jacket you so we have a chance to steal that delicious creation!

Like!!
Creativity requires some level of insanity. Looks great!!
Well I think that's pretty innovative & cool Robert. I'd have a plate for sure.
Like!

FYI - You Beef rub recipe is a big like at my place. Took me a while to round up all the ingredients but thanks to Amazon I got 'er done!
Unique for sure. Good job. It looks great!

Thank you everybody!! I really appreciate the recognition of the creativity of this dish. That's what I set out to do and I guess you folks think I managed to pull it off.

Wow....
Robert

Pretty creative forming a Boneless Crown Roast. Never saw that done. Nice job...JJ

Wow Jimmy, hearing this from you kinda reaffirms that I accomplished what I set out to do. If you say it's something you've never seen, that means it has the creativity I was looking to attain. Thank you.

Robert

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Everything looks, and sounds like, it would be really good. Points for creativity.

Like!!
That is very impressive 3 of my favorites on 1 plate. Big Like
Richie
I echo Chile ...... that's one great cook!! Take pride in being certified!

Once again I thank everybody for the commentary and noticing the creative aspect of this dish...as well as combining some good ingredients.

Gotta go do an oil change on the car. Be back a bit later to do some more catching up.

Robert

If I survived not being banned over my shrunken CI pan thread

You got folks to thinking maybe you were a bit into your sauces with that one buddy :emoji_wink:

The mac and cheese needs to get shipped here ASAP for quality inspection. Never thought about using butter milk instead of heavy cream.

Sorry, none left. Mac & Cheese is huge around here and rarely is there any left. Heck, I've seen Tracvy licking the bowl to get the last of it, especially this time. You may wanna give some thought to trying the buttermilk. It really adds a nice dimension to the dish.

Robert

Reactions: Steve H
Looks good to me! I know we would eat that up around here. That mac n cheese looks fantastic! Asparagus is one of our favorites and what you did with the loin is great in my book! And to top it all off ....candied jalapeno glaze! Yes please! Great job! Big LIKE!

Sounds like that meal hit on all of your high points...as well as ours. Thank you for the kind words and the LIKE!!

Robert

Four thumbs way up from my household!!!

Very much appreciate it Anne!! Enjoy your tea party this afternoon and please keep us posted on cooking some of that Certified Piedmontese beef you got yesterday. I'm curious to hear your thoughts....and see a bunch of pictures :emoji_laughing:

Waiting....
Robert

Now thats' very imaginative! :emoji_wink:
LIKE!

Thank you John!! I'm almost as excited about you getting your new grill as you are. Can't wait to see what you turn out on that thing. It can be a game changer, that's for sure!!

Waiting x2
Robert

I'd love to get a biiit more info on the sectioning of the loin itself to conform to your steel bowl.

Apologies. I completely overlooked this in my previous response. The loin was just too thick and too uneven so I pretty filleted it much like you would a fish. This got it to a more manageable thickness so it would cooperate a little better. It was also just too wide. There was WAY too much meat above the top of the bowl. It kept flopping down and peeling the entire thing off of the bowl. I laid the bowl down on the loin and made a couple of cuts as a reference that were about 1" wider than the bowl was deep then cut the entire length of the roast. Doing this made it so the thing would stay put. Make no mistake about it though, getting that slippery roast around that slick stainless steel bowl, holding it in place, and trying to wrap string around it to tie the meat in place was a challenge to say the least. It tested my patience and my extensive vocabulary of 4-letter words. Even the dog left the kitchen, which she NEVER does when I'm working on a piece of fresh meat.

Thinking I may try something similar with beef,
Robert

Reactions: fivetricks
Thank you John!! I'm almost as excited about you getting your new grill as you are. Can't wait to see what you turn out on that thing. It can be a game changer, that's for sure!!

Waiting x2
Robert

Thanks Robert, I already am buying meats....picked up a extra meaty baby back and a st. louis rack to christian it....and then i am going to see what I can do with some chicken. :emoji_sunglasses:

John.

I AM TRULY IMPRESSED!!!! Robert, that is one beautiful creation.
I'm absolutely going to steal this idea and try it out. Unfortunately, since Miss Linda won't eat anything spicier than an Anaheim Pepper, I'll have to find a substitute for the candied jalapeno.
I really like the tuscany/asperagus combo.
Congrats on making the carousel.
Definitely a big POINT for this one.
Gary

DUDE! I mean seriously...OMG! WOW! Another keyboard ruined...

Love this!

FYI - You Beef rub recipe is a big like at my place. Took me a while to round up all the ingredients but thanks to Amazon I got 'er done!

This is another one I overlooked in my original response. Glad the beef rub was a hit with your family. I seem to be getting as lot of positive feedback from people here about that...which I am quite honored to receive. It was something I threw together as I was planning the monster beef rib cook. I just started with what I felt would enhance the flavors of the beef, tasted as I went, and adjusted accordingly until I hit a flavor that was what I was looking for. It ain't near as much as I have gained from this forum but it's nice to give a little back.

I love this place!!
Robert

Reactions: texomakid
I AM TRULY IMPRESSED!!!! Robert, that is one beautiful creation.
I'm absolutely going to steal this idea and try it out.

Thank you Gary. Very much appreciate the kind words, but you can't steal what's freely given :emoji_wink: Based on lot of commentary here this is a unique dish. I'm really wanting somebody to take this to another level and show the group. I'm curious to see what others might be able to do with this. I'm giving some consideration to doing something similar with a skirt steak and scalloped potatoes. We'll see....

Unfortunately, since Miss Linda won't eat anything spicier than an Anaheim Pepper, I'll have to find a substitute for the candied jalapeno.

My first thought was either a raspberry or black cherry glaze, then I saw the jar of candied jalapenos and a light went off.

I really like the tuscany/asperagus combo.

We love asparagus and I tend to do a lot of different things with it. One of my favorites was grilling it with just some eVOO and topping it with a Parmesan cream sauce that I threw together one weekend. That was REALLY good!!

Congrats on making the carousel.
Definitely a big POINT for this one.

Once again, I thank you sir!!

Robert

Looks Great Robert!!
I'd like a Big Piece, but I wouldn't want to cut such a Beauty up.
I'm wondering if this is one of your so-called "So-So Dinners".
Nice Job,
Like.

Bear

Looks Great Robert!!
I'd like a Big Piece, but I wouldn't want to cut such a Beauty up.

Thank you Bear!! I'm with you about cutting it. Kinda broke my heart to do it but after all the time that went into this one, I wasn't gonna leave the wife and I to starve :emoji_wink:

I'm wondering if this is one of your so-called "So-So Dinners".

Now Bear, that's just not fair sir. It's people like you that have inspired me to better myself, be more creative, and turn out some really good food. What I used to consider a good meal I'd only consider mediocre at best these days...but this wasn't one of them. I'd put this in the top 5. The jalapeno glaze along with the smoke flavor was just insanely good and beautifully balanced. The light smoke on that super rich, creamy mac & cheese was almost orgasmic. Best mac & cheese I've ever made by far....and I learned it from people like you :emoji_laughing:

I do appreciate the kind words!!
Robert

Reactions: chilerelleno
That looks amazing. Maybe I'm going insane too. I guess you are really liking the Rec Tec

Thank you!! I guess I'm in good company :emoji_anguished:

Yep....the Rec Tec and I are starting to get along very nicely. I just put a big brisket on that I'm doing for a friend. Not cooking it all the way through, just getting some good smoke on it for her. She doesn't have a smoker so I'm gonna run it on low temp / extreme smoke for 10 hours or so then she's going to finish it in the oven and serve it at her family reunion. Got my fingers crossed I don't let her down.

Robert

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky