Pork chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
As part of our subscription from Home Place Pastures we’ve been getting some 1.25 inch pork chops. Well figured it was time for a cooking since the weather and my schedule finally worked out right.
F103DFDE-978A-4D00-ADE4-CCE90A5DA2D1.jpeg
Also had bought some rubs from our man Jeff. So I coated them up with some of the Original rub and onto the kettle with some cherry wood mixed into the KBB for some flavor.
88CE8020-E26C-4134-947A-986A104A37F3.jpeg
Took them to 140 degrees IT then a quick sear over the hot coals. Did a few brats for the MIL.
35A3C6A6-A3BB-4E01-999D-9407D7F45389.jpeg
And the plated pic. I’m no artist when it comes to plating.
64850494-8E77-4B9F-8B77-7F5BFDBE3A04.jpeg
I will say I was always skeptical about “pasture raised” meats and stuff. But, the meat we have been getting from Home Place beats the heck out store bought stuff. Also I’m now a big fan of Jeffs rubs and his sauce.
Thanks for sticking around and reading my rambling.
Jim

Thanks guys. I told my 14 yr old son that if I caught him wasting that TulsaJeff TulsaJeff BBQ sauce (he puts BBQ sauce on everything) I'd disown him. Its some serious good stuff!
JIm

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
love pork chops . i just buy the whole pork loin @ $1.55 # and when reasonable at less the $2 a # the center loins like pictured. oh the bamboo sticks ya see in done chops is to hold them on end like in raw pic. to grill to cook perfect. then tip to mark.
20220316_120833.jpg
20220321_185220.jpg

Jim Dandy looking chops you got there, and your plating is much better then mine.

Point for sure
Chris

Wow Jim, those chops look fantastic. I've done those from Home Place Pastures several times and can attest to the outstanding quality. They are really good and you nailed them.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky