Pork Butts and taters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 21, 2006
Monroe, La
Ok, maybe there ain't no taters :D but I do have 18# of pork butts to get smoked tonight so here goes nothing.

Here are the butts 18.37# in a cry o vac bag

Add some of Meowey's famous pork rub

And into the smoker at 225* for a nice long overnight sauna

Follow ups when available :D

Looking good cajun, let us know how it goes.

Question, when you host your pictures with Imageshack are you getting a forum code link or thumbnail link to get the pics you just posted?

I think it is forum link #1 Tonto. It's the one with the capital letters. I was using hotlink to forum # 1 but the pics were to big.

I'm jealous! You are getting to use my "famous"??? pork rub. Sure wish the weather here was a bit more cooperative. It's 10 degrees F and we're supposed to get 6 to 10 inches of snow.

Please post more pics and have a extra helping for me.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Wish I could send you some friend. :D Love your rub, I just cut a little bit of the cinamon and allspice and kicked a little more cayenne :roll: , you know I can't leave well enough alone.

Finally after 16 hours we have hit 200* internal.

Pulled them off and covered with foil to rest a little while before I pull it and add my finishing sauce.

I love it when they fall apart when I take them off. 8)

Note to Tonto - checked as I copied and pasted this time. It says thumbnail link to forums #1 It is the second script line down from the top.

Hope everyone has a Super Sunday. :D

Nice cajunsmoker, I need to find me a butt to smoke! They look meatier with less fat than shoulders. DO butts have bones?

The good ones do. ;) Seriously, you can buy them de-boned some places, but for pulled pork most prefer bone in. Myself included. I think it enhances flavor, seems to help it cook, and is a valuable tool to help determine when it is done.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky