Pork Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DeuceBBQ

Original poster
Nov 20, 2017
Did a couple boneless butt for a catering gig. 4 pulled stlye and 2 sliced. I cook with cherry wood in a reverse flow smoker. I always use as much humidity as possible when i cook. I have 2 400 pans full of water. One i keep below the bottom rack the other i place over the hot spot on the bottom rack where the smoke comes up.
I also always keep the meats in a 400 pan with water on the bottom. For my smoker i usually run through about 40#'s of wood for a 12 hour session a little more for the colder weather days.

I make my own dry rub that i use for briskets and pork. Ill add brown sugar to that mix for bone in chicken and ribs.

Cook the butts for usually 10hrs but dont really pay attention to time as the placement of the meat will change that. The smallest butt of course took the longest time to come up to temp i take the pull pork out at 200 and the sliced i pulled at 187 cause i didnt want to wait any longer.

My pork has been coming out really good. Ive pretty much got it on cruise control. Anyway heres the only pic i took lol

Attachments

• 20171208_113437.jpg
    20171208_113437.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: motolife313
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky