PORK BUTT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

greenrn

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
Pawnee, Oklahoma
I purchased 2 pork butts for Memorial Day weekend, but guess hubby couldn't wait. Yesterday i slathered my pork butt's with mustard and used Jeff's rub recipe on them. Covered them with foil and into the fridge. About 2pm hubby called and wanted to know what temp to set the smoker on.:grilling_smilie: 225 was my reply. 7 hours later when I returned home the pork had been in the MES 40 for 4 hours with apple chips,and had been foiled for an additional 2 hours. 4 hours later I pulled out the meat and let it rest for about 30 min and pulled the pork. Goodness one can't beat a good pulled pork sandwich.

:yahoo:

:drool

Well, heck, Friday's close enough!  And gives you something to snack on Saturday, Sunday and Monday while you do up some more... plus other goodies too!  Great looking meat!

It looks good
thumb1.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky