Pork butt stall

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

olmy

Original poster
Aug 21, 2013
Ontario,Canada
 I have a 7.5 lb bone in butt that has been in my MES at 220 for 12 hrs and has stalled at 163 for 2+ hours now. Looking to have it for dinner tonight, would bumping up my temp to 240 ish work to break it out or should I just ride it out?

Myself, I foil the pork butt at this point, but I'm not a huge fan of bark.  Others on the forum will bump up the temp a little to power through the stall. And those with iron nerves tough it out.  Since you are on a tight deadline, I'd recommend foiling or bumping up the temp.

Good luck!  Be sure to post Q-view!

Happy Labor Day Weekend,

Clarissa

I bumped my temp to 240 and we are on the move again! Up to 180 IT now and the guests are drooling, I cant wait!

Worry not Q views to come later, thanks for your help.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky