pork butt in oven

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

allan36x

Original poster
Apr 16, 2018
I need to make pulled pork and would usually smoke it. unfortunately I dont have time to do a full smoke on the pork butt. my question is could I put a few hours smoke on it for flavor, wrap it and put it in the oven at a low temp (225 ish) overnight to finish?

Yes you can do that some smoke is still better than no smoke. You might consider leaving it in the smoke a little longer then into the oven at about 275 after wrapping that will speed things up 275 is fine heck you could put it into the smoker at 250-275 a lot of people around here smoke butts at that temp normally

Sounds like Piney has you covered!
I think a lot of us finish those long smokes in the oven. If I wrap anything, I usually finish it in the oven.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky