• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork Butt for my sons Birthday.

red rooster

Joined Aug 31, 2013
He told me it was the best thing he has ever eaten. I should put candles in it and use it as a birthday cake. 
 Here are pics. The first is after 2 hours. The second is after 13 hours. I use my charcoal grill. I just take the center divider out for indirect heat. It is not the best thing to use. But for now it is all I have and it does the job. 

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Looks like it does a great job. Tell him happy birthday

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
looks great.

bama bbq

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 24, 2011
This is the reward we get for our little obsession right here: "He told me it was the best thing he has ever eaten."  Congratulations on your success.  ...and Happy BDay to your son.

red rooster

Joined Aug 31, 2013

This is the reward we get for our little obsession right here: "He told me it was the best thing he has ever eaten."  Congratulations on your success.  ...and Happy BDay to your son.
Yes it is the biggest reward. It puts the biggest smile on my face when I spend hours cooking and my toughest critics (my kids) love it..

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
Nice looking meal.... I think you have mastered your pit.

Happy Birthday

801driver

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 10, 2013
Red Rooster

"But for now it is all I have and it does the job"  I have changed smokers 4 times, each time I wonder why I tried to change what was working and learn to use a new smoker.  If it ain't broke, consider if it really needs to be fixed.  If you can make your kids smile, you are doing it right.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.