Pork Butt Burnt Ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
I've done these before and they were a hit so here's a do-over. I've taken a couple of liberties with Malcolm Reed's pork belly burnt ends recipe.

Sliced pork steaks seasoned with an all purpose rub on both sides.
thumbnail (9).jpg

thumbnail (13).jpg

On one of my Webers with indirect heat/smoke kindly provided by white oak and hickory splits.
thumbnail (12).jpg

Couple of hours or so at about 250℉ and they are ready for the second phase.
thumbnail (10).jpg

Cut into cubes with some honey, butter, brown sugar, and a Kansas City rub. All copied from Malcolm's recipe except for the KC rub.
thumbnail (11).jpg

Wrapped in foil and back on the grill at about 300℉ for a couple more hours. Made a glaze of apple juice, strawberry jelly, and some Texas Pete hot sauce simmered until thickened.
20210510_171655.jpg

There you go, my version of Malcolm's pork belly burnt ends recipe. Supper for my wife before she went to work. We ate them with homemade mac and cheese, baby limas, and some leftover cheesy scalloped potatoes.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the nice comments.
Looks great and I’ll bet a little cheaper than belt too.
Yes, a lot cheaper, but it was one of those things where I got lazy and didn't want to go to the store. I had the pork steaks in the freezer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky