Pork belly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
We smoked a pork belly in the electric smoker. The plan was to move it to the charcoal unit for last hour but weather had other ideas as it was raining. Tasted really good. Put corn on cob (in husks) in smoker for last 3/4 hour.
Both very tasty. Yellow corn is a treat for us.

THis may be heretical but the pork belly did not need bbq sauce.

Attachments

• 20210912_182619.jpg
    20210912_182619.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 46
Looks amazing! Great work! I think it’s almost worse to use BBQ sauce if you did well by the meat!

I'll be on team "no sauce". It may not suit everyone, but I am of the opinion that a really nicely cooked chunk of meat requires no sauce. Especially belly. There's a ton of flavor in there on its own

Reactions: bauchjw
Nice!
Pork belly (or side pork) to me is a no sweet & tomato sauce. The only cover I like is a white gravy made from drippings and that goes over the boiled taters.

Looks good. No Sauce on Pork Belly. And NEVER on Beef!...JJ

nice. Like the others said, a good piece of meat if cooked correctly dont need a sauce. That would be like putting ketchup on wagyu.
Jim

That looks pretty darned tasty and I love the concept with no sauce. Just wish there were a few more pics :emoji_wink:

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky