Pork belly burnt ends question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sweenner

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 23, 2016
Pulaski, NY
I was wondering if anyone has ever made pork belly burnt ends by smoking, on say Friday, and then finishing them on Sunday? Will they still turn out? Or will the texture not be right?

I knew someone would find a great link. Thanks civilsmoker!

going to try doing this as part of the family Thanksgiving this weekend, but will not be near my smoker...hence the needing to do it in advance.
Will update this with some pics of how it turns out!

You are welcome, it will work great! Pork belly is forgiving enough to smoke it once then vacuum seal & freeze for later.

As in the examples you don’t need to smoke it a second time to have great results. It makes a good breakfast, lunch, or dinner!!!! It will be a perfect contrast to all the turkey. Just think of a batch on some left over rolls! Or sliced with cheese and crackers.....Yum.

Smoker is heating up. Going to run at 235* for about 3 hours on a mix of apple and maple.

Attachments

• 30654692-A277-4F9A-B20A-22877B6C85AE.jpeg
    30654692-A277-4F9A-B20A-22877B6C85AE.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky