Pork Belly Burnt Ends 1st try.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like you nailed it the first time.

PBBE'S are my favorite threads to read. Especially when pictures are added.

Not that I would ever turn them down. But I prefer my PBBE'S finished with a sauce or glaze as well. It just add's another layer of flavor.

Thanks Ksblazer, I agree with the glazing. Since this was the first batch I wan't to see how they tasted in off the grill. Next batch will be glazed.

Top notch cook Chris, dang them look good!

Thank you Waterin for the compliment and like. They were better then expected.

Chris

Looks great gmc. This is wanting me to make my first too.

I thought I was the only one missing out. Go for you won't regret making them. I still prefer pork shots, but these are a close second. Thanks for the like and kind words farmer appreciate them.

They look perfect !! Points for sure..:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks Jax for the like and nice words. Not quite perfect - as I didn't glaze but they were good.

Chris

YEAP! Awesome job Chris! Will be saving this thread for my first adventure in smoking this! Thank you!

Thank you Justin for the like and compliment. Go for it you won't be disappointed. I think you'll be surprised. I will add if you have a really thick fat cap then you may want to trim some off. One step I missed on a couple of these nuggets.

looks good Chris !! You making bacon out of the rest ?

Yes sir, cure is ordered and has been shipped. I should start the bacon process by weeks end, and thanks for the like and kindly words Chop.

Chris

Chris they look great I still haven't made them yet.Undecided if I ever will I don't like a lot of fat Points for you on a great first try
Richie

Sweet, nice job GMC! They are addicting - I just made my first burnt ends a few weeks ago and they were a big hit. I initially was going to make bacon but I always wanted to do the burnt ends so I cubed up all of belly and vac sealed in individual bags.

Chris they look great I still haven't made them yet.Undecided if I ever will I don't like a lot of fat Points for you on a great first try
Richie

Thanks Richie for the words and like appreciate them. Allot of the fat renders out, but I won't lie. Allot of it remains. I wouldn't eat these on a weekly basis but once in a while is fine, and they are just so darn good.

Sweet, nice job GMC! They are addicting - I just made my first burnt ends a few weeks ago and they were a big hit. I initially was going to make bacon but I always wanted to do the burnt ends so I cubed up all of belly and vac sealed in individual bags.

Wow Gator that's allot of BEs. I thought about doing the same, but since I never tried them before I didn't want to risk not liking them. Besides it's only the wife and I now. I already ordered cure #1 and bacon is in my near future(hopefully I can start by the end of the week). Thanks for the compliment and like.

Chris

Looks great Chris points on that cook! And I use stubbs rubs too when I don't make my own..cheaper and not completely full of salt like a lot of others on the market. See that PBR sneaked in there too. They tend to do that!

John

Thank you Civil for the like and compliment. They were good.

Chris

We have made a "spoken" rule that we can only do pork belly once a year cause it is just way to good to experience it more than that.....although a slab will last for a full week so after a full week of that experience means you need a whole year to recover.........LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: GATOR240
Looks great Chris points on that cook! And I use stubbs rubs too when I don't make my own..cheaper and not completely full of salt like a lot of others on the market. See that PBR sneaked in there too. They tend to do that!

John

Thanks John for the like and compliment. I really liked the Stubbs. For most of the things I smoke it's a basic SPOG, but with these I needed an actual rub and didn't want to buy the ingredients to make one. So Stubbs it was, and I'm glad I chose it. The PBR is always there, it's sometimes a little camera shy. After all you can't have one w/o the other.

We have made a "spoken" rule that we can only do pork belly once a year cause it is just way to good to experience it more than that.....although a slab will last for a full week so after a full week of that experience means you need a whole year to recover.........LOL

My blood pressure doctor would agree with a whole year recover time.

Chris

Last edited:
Thanks Richie for the words and like appreciate them. Allot of the fat renders out, but I won't lie. Allot of it remains. I wouldn't eat these on a weekly basis but once in a while is fine, and they are just so darn good.

Wow Gator that's allot of BEs. I thought about doing the same, but since I never tried them before I didn't want to risk not liking them. Besides it's only the wife and I now. I already ordered cure #1 and bacon is in my near future(hopefully I can start by the end of the week). Thanks for the compliment and like.

Chris
I ended up making a foil pan of them and fed the guys down at the station. They are definitely not something that a person should eat much of very often.

I ended up making a foil pan of them and fed the guys down at the station. They are definitely not something that a person should eat much of very often.

Gator, I couldn't agree more. Hope they enjoyed them.

Chris

If you're still on the fence after this, not sure what we can do to push you over :emoji_wink:

Highly recommended.

Correctamundo Zach, like a fatty everyone who smokes should try this at least once.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky