pork and beef ribs 2/2/1 on MES 2.5.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

randyrayd

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 8, 2017
Sneads Ferry, NC
I finally found some half/way decent beef ribs in the local supermarket and since I already had pork ribs in the basket, smoked both.

Since everyone knows the appearance of raw meat, I'm posting finished product Qview only.  Actually I forgot to take prep picks.  Coated with mustard then rub was mostly pepper, some salt, a bit of garlic and onion powder, a touch of brown sugar and pinch of Cayenne. Same for the corn and onion, but with EVOO then the rub ingredients.  Cooked 2/2/1 at 220 with Pitmaster pellets and the meat temp never got above 190.  I think I need to use a dual thermometer to verify smoker temp, I don't think of it until later.  The membrane was left on both and I have it on the down side.  I feel it keeps in the juices and shields the meat from the heat.  The corn and onion were put on the last hour loosely wrapped in foil and I think the onion could have been been in the smoker for 3 hours. 

Oh, yeah....I sprayed the meat every hour or whenever I opened the smoker with 1/2 Worcestershire and 1/2 water.

The beef probably could have used a longer cook so they would have been a bit more tender, but it was okay.  I like to grunt when I rip the meat off the bone with my teeth anyway as the juices run down my chin.  Isn't that the Neanderthal way?

A pot of Lima beans with some smoked picnic end pieces were delish.

I learned that the A-Maze-N pellet smoker won't stay lit on my smoker floor.  I guess there's not enough air circulation.  I put it on a shelf and it smoked away.  Maybe I could raise it off the floor with some rocks or something?  Ideas?

rd

Last edited:
Nice work!

I think some guys have put small bolts through their AMNPS (bolt head inside the AMNPS tray) and after a nut holds it snug in place to the ANMPS the excess bolt length act as legs :)

Reactions: randyrayd
Thanks for the ideas TallBM and Uncle Tork. 

Al, I looked at your rib recipe and fudged a bit.  I generally don't at sauce to my meat during cooking.

rd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky