Pop’s brine claims more victims.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
48B4DC4A-43C3-45A2-A076-DDEE6AC6296E.jpeg

pastrami from bottom round. Is nothing short of amazing!

4862EA8F-C9D8-4611-B2CB-F1AF0F8614DA.jpeg

picnic ham is beautiful. Won’t get into this until tomorrow, but I’m not sleeping much tonight for thinking about what’s inside! Will rest until tomorrow, then into the oven to IT of 200.

WOW. Cant wait to see the ham pics tomorrow.

Man I am with PC that ham looks amazing! Cold smoked or hot smoked? Oh the pastrami looks great too!

WOW.. they look amazing... but I must ask... If you smoked the ham already to 155 IT... why are going to cook it again ? especially to 200` IT

Reactions: chopsaw
All looks good . Wondering about the 200 second cook on the ham too . I have taken them that high and pulled them . It's great like that .

I’ll take the ham back up, just as if store bought, they are pre cooked too. Main reason is to cook it under foil as to soften the rind, turn it soft and chewy. We love that pig skin cooked soft. The ham, itself is resilient. Quality should not suffer. I snuck a couple small pieces off and it was most excellent. Very sweet, but great ham.

Those both are really top notch. Nice work and I agree taking the ham up to 200 is a different taste experience.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky